Auberon

Kingdom Death Survivor Pinup

I love it.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is the white blade handle. At the moment, it's so white that it immediately draws my eye in the side view shot (where its sharply contrasted with the skin tone) and I'm not sure that is the intention.

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere close to enough experience to say how it should be changed.

• Like 1

I love it.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is the white blade handle. At the moment, it's so white that it immediately draws my eye in the side view shot (where its sharply contrasted with the skin tone) and I'm not sure that is the intention.

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere close to enough experience to say how it should be changed.

I gotta tell ya', I didn't even notice the white handle.

I was, uh... distracted.

• Like 6

Superbly well done I second the skin tone but what really stands out is the hair the lantern and the base. Excellent work ;)

• Like 2

This is incredibly awesome. She is, well she's gorgeous. 

Your marble idea made me think about this girl that did a marble kind of look on a mug by dipping it in water with swirled nail polish in it. I wonder if that could work as a quick easy way to get a marble effect.

• Like 2

Really nice job!  I think the skin and objects on the lantern side could be warmed up with a little bit of a yellow ink glaze.  Not so much because of OSL but to reflect the character of the light on that side of her.

• Like 2

Lovely!  I like that you chose brighter colors- so much of the KD art gets so dark.  Great work with the marble!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/hellion-witches

This is a great set of pewter miniature witches that fit well in any 28mm heroic to 32mm fantasy miniature range. The witches are done in a pin up style with plenty of personality, and are ready cast their spells and curses on the gaming table. 
        As soon as the campaign ends production and delivery of the miniatures will commence. The goal is to have the miniatures in your hands within a month of the campaign ending.
      Picture is to show witch miniature scale comparison between two REAPER miniatures. Risks and challenges
      Little risk other than small mail delivery delays from the postal services. The miniatures are ready to be cast.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Leather Queen, a Pin-up version of the Leather Armoured Survivors from Kingdom Death, hopefully she's wearing just enough to not need a nudity link.

I'm pretty out of practice painting Pin-ups so she's a little rough around the edges, and I never could figure out a way to make her hair look like hair, but at least it's another one finally finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By GlenP
      This is Scale 75's Ares Operator 03. It's a 40mm resin future soldier and apparently part of a gaming system. The package had some cards in it, but since I don't play the game, they're a bit lost on me... Anyhoo...

The figure is four parts - head, upper torso/arms, lower torso/legs, and the rifle with molded on hands. Cleanup was taking care of the usual casting seams and the removal of bits and pieces of mold trash. I used the gray Stynelrez primer (brushed on out of the bottle) and Reaper MSP paints. I used a Dremel tool and ball/dovetail cutters to mark up/damage the armor and went with a splotchy green camo. While they have their place, I tend not to use bright colors on military figures because all they say to me is 'Here I am! Shoot me!'.

The figure is mounted on a sanded/stained wood craft block with Aves Apoxie Sculpt groundwork, kitty litter rocks and somebody's weeds. I added a dripping rusty pipe coming out of the ground and a large putty teddy bear. 

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen 

• By GlenP
      Now that I have your attention...

This is Percival, a one inch(ish) tall resin penguin from Scale 75. The piece is part a larger model in S75's SmogRiders line. It's not normally available separately, but I was able to score one when it fell off a truck. The piece originally had a WW I style Prussian spiked helmet. I removed the helmet and added a WW II British helmet from my spares box. The groundwork is Aves putty stippled with a stiff oil painting brush to give it a sandy texture. The sandbags are also putty formed with my fingers. I left my fingerprints on them to give the impression of coarsely woven canvas. The sign is sheet plastic and strip. Reaper MSP paints. Eventually, it'll have a name plate 'Why Am I Here?'

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)