Sign in to follow this  
Werewolvians

14031 Rageclaw Warrior

Great job the red really makes the whole thing pop ;)

I really like the color choices you've given him on his armor. Also nice touch with that scar he has there. Great job on the gums and teeth as well and nice intense eyes.

Is this guy coming in Bones II? He is so cool looking, sweet looking monster for the D&D table. You did a really good job on him. I seriously dig it.

Althought he didn't name manufacturer this looks like a Rackham (now bankrupt) wolfen. As I don't recognize the sculpt I could be wrong though, just lookin at the face and clothing. They made amazing miniatures that you can find in the dark corners of some gamestores or online for ridiculous prices.

Good paint job.

Although he didn't name manufacturer this looks like a Rackham (now bankrupt) wolfen.

As the wolvian said, it's a Reaper sculpt. If you see a number (in this case 14031), it usually means it's a Reaper model. Copy the number and use it to search in the Online Store (link on the navigation bar near the top of the page). This one was sculpted by the amazing Werner Klocke, I recently got another great not-wolfen sculpted by Patrick Keith.

The Lupine tag is the best search delimiter I've found. Several great sculpts in the line over the years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Even the man who says his prayers / Before going to bed at night /
      May turn to WOLF when the wolfsbane blooms / and the moon is high and bright." --Apocryphal rhyme

DOCTOR. A very pestilent disease, my lord,
      They call lycanthropia... 
      In those that are possess'd with 't there o'erflows
      Such melancholy humour they imagine
      Themselves to be transformed into wolves;
      Steal forth to church-yards in the dead of night,
      And dig dead bodies up: as two nights since
      One met the duke 'bout midnight in a lane
      Behind Saint Mark's church, with the leg of a man
      Upon his shoulder; and he howl'd fearfully;
      Said he was a wolf, only the difference
      Was, a wolf's skin was hairy on the outside,
      His on the inside...
       --The Duchess of Malfi

Body horror, puberty, loss of control, loved ones acting out of character, cannibalism, madness, things more savage and bloodthirsty than we thought man or beast could be--it's a rich vein of horror. The further back you go, the more blurred the distinction between vampire and werewolf and witch becomes, but as a general rule what we now consider to be vampires are specifically betrayers of hospitality and home; like de Rais and Bathory, they commit their crimes behind closed doors. Werewolves, on the other hand, are given to savagery outdoors, in the lanes, under the moonlight, in the moors and lonesome places.

It is appropriate then, that Julie Guthrie's werewolf 02139, is named DuChamps--of the fields. Here he is, in form much more wolf than man.

These two pictures are behind the Spoilers tab because, while Julie did not necessarily have to sculpt Jean-Paul's werescrote and transmogrified lycanthrodong, she did that. She did that for us, because she's a PROFESSIONAL and doesn't take shortcuts. I don't think it rises to indecency, but better safe. Will delete and link if the need arises.

Next up. the truly monstrous Werewolf, 77009. Those familiar with the role-playing game "Werewolf!" from White Wolf will recognize this as a Crinos form. Enormous, savage, horrific. This is about a 50/50 mix of Man and Wolf, but with the features dialed up to 11. I had fun painting hair on the smoother human limbs.

And lastly, a Nolzur's werewolf I had on the Shelf of Shame. This one is mostly human but with a wolf's head and claws. 

A note on the full moon: it's just a Nolzur's disc base painted white and poked with paintbrush ends of varying sizes during the drying phase to simulate craters. I may have to do some more of this with discs of different sizes and colors for Spacefuture shots, because multiple moons convey Other Worlds the way zeppelins convey Alternate Histories.
    • By Inarah
      Bones 4 core set #20.  Could not find a release # for him yet.  I took this guy and a few of his pals to Reapercon to work on in my spare time (ha!) and got him base coated using some of the new Pathfnder paint set.  I couldn't help but notice the chickens and the look of terror on his face, thus the name.   Finished him with a basic drybrush and wash for table top play. 

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Volturnos, a character from the Idoneth (or Sea Elf) faction in the Warhammer:- Age of Sigmar game by Games Workshop.

Not my best work, I struggled in quite a few places (particularly with the fish) so a lot of it has ended up being painted rather basically, even by my standards.
      But I did get it finished, so I'll count this as a partial victory.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      A couple more of my recent tabletop paints.  Female on the left in gold and red came out of Bones 4.  She is in a leaning pose.  The one on the right is Deladrin, female assassin, roughly painted as a catfolk rogue.  Both figures were done with a traditional basecoat, drybrush and wash/ink technique. I did some NMM for the swords. 

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 232 Guests (See full list)