Maledrakhs Dreadball Extreme Avaran Treebeast

Continuing on with the Febuary challenge goals I set myself, (painting at least one of each from the following categories:

Reaper Bones, Oathsworn, All Quiet of the Martian Front, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40.000, Kings of War, Deadzone, DreadBall, Mars Attacks, Shadows of Brimstone, Sedition Wars, Drake, Grendel Productions something or other, and to finish something that currently stands around half-done on  the shelf of shame), I have done a few minis over the weekend, As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

Here goes for DreadBall:

150209-dreadball-extreme-treeman-1.jpg150209-dreadball-extreme-treeman.jpg

This is a DreadBall Extreme free agent known as the Avaran Treebeast, or not-Groot it you like. It is certainly not-Treebeard either.

The picture does not properly reflect the many shades of colour on this one. I will have to look into making a better lighting set up for photos.

I did the base in the same style as my DreadBall original, that is black with no texture. I am debating myself on whether to texture the base or not, if anything to cover those gawdawful gaps / filler marks that are evident on every single Dreadball mini. Seeing as the Restic shrinks in production somewhat and makes the disk that fits into the hole in the base too small, leaving unsightly gaps and whatnot. Because of the mini itself sticking out of it I usually have a hard time sanding the filler, and it is near impossible to get the base proper smooth as they should be. At any rate, I am not really satisfied with the look of the bases as of now.  Maybe a layer of black, unhighlighted sand will be best?

Ah, and the coloured /green edging on the base  is to denote that this figure is a ...Jack. Oh. I have coloured it as a Striker.  It is supposed to be yellow for Jack, Green is Striker (and red is Guard, like traffic lights). And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth! I will need to redo that then.

The front shows the three threat zones, and the back is for me the player to see what position it plays as without having to turn it around all the time to see what it is.

• Like 21
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very nice! I've linked your post in our article about the Avaran Treebeast.

Chaoswolf: One of the things I like in the DreadBall models is that they don't have any balls in their hands, and they don't look particularly like they are playing a game. These models can be used for practically anything. I often use them as gangers, or random monsters.

• Like 2