Maledrakhs Space Hulk Genestealer very speedy speedpaint

Continuing on with the Febuary challenge goals I set myself, (painting at least one of each from the following categories:

Reaper Bones, Oathsworn, All Quiet of the Martian Front, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40.000, Kings of War, Deadzone, DreadBall, Mars Attacks, Shadows of Brimstone, Sedition Wars, Drake, Grendel Productions something or other, and to finish something that currently stands around half-done on  the shelf of shame), I have done a few minis over the weekend, As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

Here goes for Warhammer 40.000:

150209-space-hulk-genestealer.jpg

oh yes, obvious reference to the Genestealer’s true inspiration there…

A Space Hulk Tyranid Genestealer. Yes I am fudging a bit by calling this a Warhammer 40.000 mini, as it actually it is from the boardgame Space Hulk. But it is perfectly good for 40k as well, so there.

This is an extremely speedy speedpaint,  A bit sloppy, but that can be rectified by spending just a little more time.

all in all, this is really quick to do: black undercoat, brown drybrush, grey drybrush details, two tone grey claws, teeth and stripes on head. Gloss varnish on head and claws. Base drybrushed steel, then reddish brown and washed with darktone ink. Done. Effectively maybe 4-5 minutes painting time. 15 Including waiting for the gloss varnish and ink to dry

It should be perfectly possible to have the whole load of 22 Genestealers done in a couple of hours. We will test that assumption, maybe for next months resolution (I am thinking aliong the lines "finishing some squads that have been started")
  • Like 15
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic