Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

DSM-7425 Male High Elf Warrior

Wonderful work on this one Jay! You've definitely experienced another "level up" especially with the use of the better brushes.

• Like 2

Thanks Ub3r;

The wildest part was the discovery that I wasn't going for the high Highlights due to the crappy brushes.

When I went to highlight a fold, I could follow the ridge with the brush tip!

Before I had to use the side of the brush. 

Suddenly I wasn't fighting the brush, I was using it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge difference.

• Like 6

Jay, you can just integrate that integral base onto your own. Look at how I did Noreth compared to his integral base in the store. I just whipped up a couple little rocks with GS that looked similar to the one he was standing on, added some dirt from the woodpile and a couple tufts. Just glued all that onto a 1" round piece of oak I had lying around.

Looking forward to your new adventures with a good brush!

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 3

Great Idea Cash;

I'll have to take a look at how Noreth was fitted into your base.

I have been acquiring things I need piecemeal, just got the green stuff,

and the jewelers saw.  Thanks for the information.

• Like 2

Jay, you can just integrate that integral base onto your own. Look at how I did Noreth compared to his integral base in the store. I just whipped up a couple little rocks with GS that looked similar to the one he was standing on, added some dirt from the woodpile and a couple tufts. Just glued all that onto a 1" round piece of oak I had lying around.

Yup! This +1

• Like 2

Yup! This +1

+2

• Like 3

Awesome. I love this mini, and yours looks great!

Thanks Sanael !

I'm still waiting to see a certain Froggy Prince show up in the show offs.

One of these days I hope !

Nudge Nudge  :devil:

• Like 1

Thanks Silvervane;

There is always something new to learn.

Basing is a lot of fun, and now with the new brushes I am beginning to

really up the highlighting, color contrast thing.  I got quite the kick in the butt

from the cloak, and moving the scale up and down.

• Like 2

Really nice work.  The contrast on your cloak is inspiring and like I said on your WIP thread, the contrast of your blues really pop on this mini.  

I don't like how obscured the face is by the helmet.  I feel like it makes him more rank and file than dynamic character.  I feel my eye drawn away from his face.   

• Like 1

Really nice work.  The contrast on your cloak is inspiring and like I said on your WIP thread, the contrast of your blues really pop on this mini.  

I don't like how obscured the face is by the helmet.  I feel like it makes him more rank and file than dynamic character.  I feel my eye drawn away from his face.   

I know the angle of the head obscures the face, and it also made putting in the eyes very difficult.

Not much room in that small grid to get fancy with the face or eyes.

The Cloak and material really give a feeling of fluid movement, and the back of the cloak was

pretty awesome to work on.  All those levels of light and shade.

nice job.  This is the best cloth I have seen from you yet.  I feel like the metallics do not show up in pictures the way they would IRL.  I'm not sure what you can do about that except to start doing more extreme tmm.

• Like 1