Randomness 5: The Umpire Strikes Back

Froggy the Great

We had Pathfinder!

Wife's coworker and his wife (another teacher); their friend didn't come. We had an absolute blast visiting, made our characters, and they professed excitement to get adventuring. W00t, sociability!

...now I have to create an adventure. :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The insecticide spray did NOTHING. Its like I sprayed a gentle shower of immortal water from the heavens.

Liquid Soaps do a good job bringing down a wasp and are less toxic to you. Or pets. 

300.jpgpDGC1-12184684v380.jpg

Just examples. Your favorite brand of dollar store cleaner will work...

Any spray bottle soap that hits a wasp will cause its wings to rumple, it falls, give it another good

blast at the crash site, then crush at your leisure. For insects liquid surfactant soaps are just bad.

• Like 8

The kittens are in their oral fixation stage. They are putting/ picking up / chewing on everything. Bishop just ran off with a toilet paper roll, and yesterday it was lets put this bee in our mouth and carry it all over the place. You'd think they would learn. But nope several times they yelped with pain and the bee came flying out of their mouths and they went right back to putting the bee in their mouths and trying to carry it places.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

The kittens are in their oral fixation stage. They are putting/ picking up / chewing on everything. Bishop just ran off with a toilet paper roll, and yesterday is was lets put this bee in our mouth and carry it all over the place. You'd think they would learn. But nope several times they helped with pain and the bee came flying out of their mouths and they went right back to putting the bee in their mouths and trying to carry it places.

Kittens are duimb as rocks; but darn are they cute..

Cute survives in nature I guess.

LOL

• Like 5

I have a game today, and no minis statted up.

Elf this kitten with extreme goblin - I'm going back to the one-page ruleset where I already have most of the stats made up for the 28mm armies and therefore easily revised for 15mm.

That's the spirit!

>.< why do I get a creative slump now? With Reaper Con getting so close?

I know the feeling.

It seems like the closer it gets, the more apprehensive I get. I almost feel like I don't want to go. I mean, I know I'm gonna have fun, but there's all the packing/stuff to get done before I go, meeting a few hundred new people all at once, and all of the other little things that I keep thinking of. It's kinda overwhelming.

Man, I always somehow forget how amazing the spaceships and things from the 70s and 80s were. Models >>> CGI.

QFT.

@MissMelons--sympathies about being held hostage by those insectoid terrorists. TGP offered some good advice, though. Any of the various household cleaners that come in spray bottles will knock the little bar stewards down (no flying) and make 'em much easier to kill. Hair spray works very well, too.

• Like 4

The Mr came home on his lunch break and slayed the foul beasts! We still don't know how they got in.

Hooray for the first part! Not knowing where they came from is troubling, however.

All You guys who are able to go, but I can't go. So if anyone who was planning on going, and back out because "It's too much, man" will personally get a glitter bomb from me. Because I desperately want to go. 

Noted. :blink:

• Like 6

We've got wasps in our place. I've no epipen and I'vr barricaded myself in the bedroom til the Mr can save me when hr gets home from work.

Wasps can't open doors right??

There goes painting tonight.

Wasps can't open doors right??

As long as they're not mutated by radiation, you should be fine. ^_^

cazador.jpg

My parents' house once had a beehive in the roof and the bees were coming through the ceiling in the spare room upstairs. So the spare room had to be shut up for a while, but when you walked past the door you could hear the buzzing and it was quite unsettling. There were so many bee corpses all over the room when we opened it up.

Ahhh fall out new Vegas. So true. I don't like buzzing. I don't like stinging things. I'm deathly allergic to bees and wasps o_o I tried to be brave for a good two minutes though. (I wasn't wearing glasses and didn't know what I was firing at) I quickly recognized the red and raised bottoms and 'noped' right out of the office, shut the door, put a towel under the door, went into the bedroom, shut the door and put a towel under that one too. The insecticide spray did NOTHING. Its like I sprayed a gentle shower of immortal water from the heavens.

Another way to take them out (especially if you find their nest) is a shop vac with a couple inches of water in it.  Watched a video the other day, a guy had a nest behind the siding of his house.  He attached the hose to a pole, the pole to a ladder and pushed the end of the hose right next to the opening of the nest.  Turned it on and walked away for a couple of hours.  Came back and he had 5-600 dead yellow jackets in the vac.

• Like 5

That was weird; a partial double post.  I'm gonna blame the lack of band width from everyone else.  Now to turn this into a semi-useful post.

Oh; I spent several hours watching Tabletop on Youtube last night.  Soooo many cool board games!  I'm gonna have to try and find a board game group to play with sometime.  I can occasionally get some members of the family to play, but never all of them at the same time.  Most games I have a best played 3 or more people.

• Like 6