Randomness 5: The Umpire Strikes Back

Froggy the Great

Back from the review; I'm average across the board (3 on a 1-5 scale). I'm fine with that; I've only been here for 6 months. Bosses are pleased with how I'm doing so far, so that's good.

I also earned a 1.15% pay raise, it works out to about $300/year; pretty decent considering I wasn't expecting anything.

Back on topic (is that possible in this thread?); I got lousy grades in school. The material bored me.

Considering what thread we're in, if you get back on topic I think the mods are honor bound to split that off into a thread of it's own.

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheese and Crackers, it took me forever to build my new light box... Better thought, it's a bit shorter and uses paper instead of vinyl for the panels. Seems to spear the light out better. Although I am looking into better SIDE lighting now.

• Like 3

Good one Lochar !

Chaoswolf, just realize that if your pay raises stay at 1.5 percent around year 3 it is time to find another company.

I (at the end of my career) was being given 1.5 percent pay raises..(jay.. at your salary we can't give you big bonuses)...

Then I found out that the people I was training were working for me were making more than I was !

Loyalty is not an asset from at employee stand point !

So I retired !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 7

Cheese and Crackers, it took me forever to build my new light box... Better thought, it's a bit shorter and uses paper instead of vinyl for the panels. Seems to spear the light out better. Although I am looking into better SIDE lighting now.

I have a non-box setup that works; however I will be doing the same thing Devin.

I really have a bit of heart burn when it comes to taking up more table space in my man cave/miniature room

to set up a photo area !

• Like 3

I got okay grades in school. I was bored, but that was generally because I knew the stuff already. Sometimes better than my teachers. I've always been a reader, but I also only really discovered fiction around grade 7 or 8, but history books, and things about animals and stuff? I devoured those as a kid. We had a complete set of Funk and Wagnells Wildlife Encyclopedias that I probably read through a dozen or so times

• Like 7

Good one Lochar !

Chaoswolf, just realize that if your pay raises stay at 1.5 percent around year 3 it is time to find another company.

I (at the end of my career) was being given 1.5 percent pay raises..(jay.. at your salary we can't give you big bonuses)...

Then I found out that the people I was training were working for me were making more than I was !

Loyalty is not an asset from at employee stand point !

So I retired !

It took a few tries but i discovered a company that likes my work and my methods. (Although i do have to tolerate being the "pet" Artisan in a world of Guardians ::):) Been on track with regular promotions and 5+% raises since I have been with the company. 

sometimes it just takes a while to find a company and culture that you match with.  It took me 6 years and 15 years.  (and stomping on a CEOs toe, but that's a different tale ::D)

There, sometimes you just gotta puff out your chest and say "look at me!"  All done now...

Roo

• Like 5

My brother and I were leaning against a fence after packing up everything and getting ready to leave a craft show in Castalia, NC. We were just waiting on my aunts and grandfather to finish strapping down the tent poles to the top of the truck, we leave safely and not 30 minutes later this happened:

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1995/Dozens-Taken-To-Hospital-After-Lightning-Strikes-Near-Metal-Fence/id-d24608f5b438bc093c49d913f80a481f

Granted this was 20 years ago, but it is still a world record.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 3

OK, So I am having a rough afternoon/evening and I find looking at miniatures actually calms me down. Does anyone any do this or am I just strange?

Yes.  

My brother and I were leaning against a fence after packing up everything and getting ready to leave a craft show in Castalia, NC. We were just waiting on my aunts and grandfather to finish strapping down the tent poles to the top of the truck, we leave safely and not 30 minutes later this happened:http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1995/Dozens-Taken-To-Hospital-After-Lightning-Strikes-Near-Metal-Fence/id-d24608f5b438bc093c49d913f80a481f

Granted this was 20 years ago, but it is still a world record.

Yikes, close call.

• Like 2