• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like how you paint cloth. You have a lot of contrast, and I especially like the red cloak on Mr. Bones. I'm a fan of the red chipped armor on orcs, but haven't attempted it myself. So, kudos to you on your bravery. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Still needs some basing, but he's off to a good start.

Interesting how this worked out. 
      I did dry brushing on the first two layers of greens.  
      Then went back in with regular brush and layers, but didn't think it was loud enough.  What this?  A huge stock pile of BCA pink?  Better put it to use.  I mixed that into the alien green and base, then touched it up with pink to add some warmth (i mean as warm as aghast should be #dead) in the highlights.  Pink and green were a fun combo. 

I'm not totally into the tattered shirt colors the more i look at it.  I may need to use a wash over it, which i try to avoid, to add some dirt/grime look to it.  It's too clean and vibrant. But hey, i did layer nicely. Win. 

I wasn't sure about the facial features.  I ended up just touching it up with a little green yellow for discoloration around the mouth, but seems like he still needs something. 

Next thing i need to do is make a fun base for him.  Something Halloween feeling for sure.  Thanks @Reaper_Jonfor the ghoulie bags and free minis.  Putting them to good use. 

• By ManvsMini
      I promise, at some point I'll learn to take better pics... and hopefully paint better too.

These are what I got painted this month, and it was all for the RCL (can't check anything off my personal bingo card challenge, but that's ok).

Up first, the trio I did with @Kuroneko and @Thoramel. We did the Pathfinder Goblin Warchanter, and each modified it a little bit. I did a fairly simple conversion, as when I looked at the model I envisioned a goblin jumping rope, so I cut away the sword in her left hand, bent the whip down to join with putty, and resculpted parts of her hand and hair. It underwent two revisions: (1) I wanted goblin madness, so the flames on the ground came about (sculpted with some Liquitex Flex Paste) and (2) while painting the rope, I wanted even more madness, so I changed it from a normal rope color to trying to make it looked like she had just ripped a length of her latest victim's intestine out to use for her rope.

For a duo with @Maledrakh, I painted Aviriel Tellerion. Nothing really special about her, I just wanted to practice some eyes, and a Werner Klocke sculpt is always good for that. My big regret is that I forgot to put some shading around the eye socket, but lesson to remember for the next mini.

Lastly, I tried to paint up a tribute to my late feline buddy Gabe for a large group with @Thoramel @Kuroneko @Inarah and @Maledrakh. It didn't turn out as I wanted, Gabe's fur coloring was a challenge. This is nothing close to what he looks like, but I gave it my best shot. I tried some wetblending, it went horribly wrong, tried some other things that also went wrong, but it was a learning experience. So here is not-Gabe.

Thanks for looking.
    • By Inarah
      Here's an ork war party looking for a campsite.  This ruined tower looks like a good place to stop. 

Doesn't take long to get a campfire going, plenty of wood around if you look. 

Anval Thricedamned (R) had a head transplant from the bits box and now sports orky horns.   Irongrave knight (L) has a new axe. 

Cookware and roasting spit by STL Miniatures. 

• By Bobicus
      Hello all! I’ve been giving a set of orcs all too much of my free time recently while trying out NMM for the first time. I’d appreciate any constructive feedback! Especially with respect to how to finish off the chainmail.

Also, given how top-heavy these guys are, they are prone to falling over with such a narrow base. any suggestions on how to base a medium monster for D&D whose footprint exceeds the 1” square? I’m guessing I just use a large base and blame the orc for engaging more foes with his obnoxious wide stance.

Here are all of the orcs after base coating their skin with a mix of naga green and leather brown.

After shading the skin with candlelight yellow, brown liner, and more naga green. Also worked on the bracers and boots.

Painted and shaded the red skirt with dragon red and brilliant red. Base coated chainmail with black, metal plates with 50/50 black/white and a smidgen on vallejo red black.

Filling in shadows on the metal for fist NMM pass.

Filling in highlights.

Now the medium blending...

... and then jumping ahead after working on the transitions, adding some edge highlights, and putting some scratches in.

So, how did this go? 

• By Crowley
      Since I got a bunch of Bones Ghasts from Bones 2... or was it 3?  Bones 4? Whatever. But I wanted to do something to make them all a little different. So a few simple cuts, and a couple of drops of glue... and I've got some variety in my Ghasts.

Now to paint them!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)