Bones II Expansion Set #2 Mystery Piece

kristof65

I actually found an extra piece in my giant scorpion for expansion 1. Looks like a pedestal of some sort, but it's slotted, and doesn't seem to connect to anything. It might be a mispick, I was missing a Goroloth head so it may have snuck in when checking bag weights or something. Anyone else have that one?

Could be one of the Heroes and Villains bases?

Nah, it looks like a cement block, but it has a slot on the top. I'll have to take a picture tonight.

• Like 1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind, it is the piece under the scorpion in this pic:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/77337

For the life of me though, I don't see what it is meant to attach to.

I suspect one of my leg sets is incorrect, as I had to force one set in a bit harder and two looked identical. It could attach there I guess, but I don't think I'll end up using it anyway.

One of the dragon's teeth barricades from the third expansion, maybe?

That's actually what it looked like to me, too, but it does appear to be part of the scorpion. Just odd, 'cause it's way too tall.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 1

I actually found an extra piece in my giant scorpion for expansion 1. Looks like a pedestal of some sort, but it's slotted, and doesn't seem to connect to anything. It might be a mispick, I was missing a Goroloth head so it may have snuck in when checking bag weights or something. Anyone else have that one?

Actually, if you look carefully at the underside of the scorpion you can see where it can slot into the 'pedestal'.  I saw that when going through mine as well.

Edit:  Sounds like you didn't get the legs that form the 'peg' for the slot in the pedestal.

Edited by DonTheDime
  • Like 2

Actually, if you look carefully at the underside of the scorpion you can see where it can slot into the 'pedestal'.  I saw that when going through mine as well.

Edit:  Sounds like you didn't get the legs that form the 'peg' for the slot in the pedestal.

Yeah, that's my guess. No biggie though. I think I got two identical front leg sets, the second from the front didn't want to go in easily when I was doing inventory. I guess I'll put that one together and see if it's a big deal or not, but I suspect I can come up with a hack to make it work without the rock holding the scorpion up. Worst case I end up threading some thin wire up a set of legs on the front and back ends I think.

• Like 1

That piece is why I think Reaper should do a basing kickstarter with bones next.  It's awesome right?? 

/starts petition. 

I was surprised at just how nice the various bases turned out, with very little warping (and what slight warping there was, it seems to come out easily with boiling).  Bones bases definitely seems like a viable thing for Reaper to consider.

• Like 3

That piece is why I think Reaper should do a basing kickstarter with bones next.  It's awesome right?? 

/starts petition. 

I was surprised at just how nice the various bases turned out, with very little warping (and what slight warping there was, it seems to come out easily with boiling).  Bones bases definitely seems like a viable thing for Reaper to consider.

The only really warped base I got was the minotaur lord. I'm going to assume boiling it will fix it.

Yeah, that's my guess. No biggie though. I think I got two identical front leg sets, the second from the front didn't want to go in easily when I was doing inventory. I guess I'll put that one together and see if it's a big deal or not, but I suspect I can come up with a hack to make it work without the rock holding the scorpion up. Worst case I end up threading some thin wire up a set of legs on the front and back ends I think.

If you look close the legs are numbered going from front to back. The little tab for the rock is on leg #2.

• Like 1

I'd say the easiest to miss/lose piece is the gray alien's head for the flying saucer from Expansion Set 3.  That thing is tiny, so be careful when dumping out bags, boiling, etc.

Also, I think I saw what looked like a large cat's tail in my boil pile.  I'll have to look again later, but offhand I'm not sure what it would go to; the lions from Expansion Set 1 don't have removable tails (and this "tail" is much shorter).

• Like 1

I'd say the easiest to miss/lose piece is the gray alien's head for the flying saucer from Expansion Set 3.  That thing is tiny, so be careful when dumping out bags, boiling, etc.

Also, I think I saw what looked like a large cat's tail in my boil pile.  I'll have to look again later, but offhand I'm not sure what it would go to; the lions from Expansion Set 1 don't have removable tails (and this "tail" is much shorter).

Minotaur Lord's tail maybe?

Did one of the Roper or Sarlaac tentacles fall off it's sprue?

Could it be the hair of the snake demon from the Thank You set?