77031: Cassie (modified)

Adorable. I also enjoy seeing a then and now photo it shows how much you've improved. The staff almost looks like it could be a hoopak if she had a top knot I would think she was a Kender.  :;):

Green skin is unusual and I don't mind it on her but the green on her boots matching her skin just looks a bit off to me. But otherwise I love it the bright colors and all. 

• Like 1

Nice job! I like the colors you used, very original.

Adorable. I also enjoy seeing a then and now photo it shows how much you've improved. The staff almost looks like it could be a hoopak if she had a top knot I would think she was a Kender.  :;):

Green skin is unusual and I don't mind it on her but the green on her boots matching her skin just looks a bit off to me. But otherwise I love it the bright colors and all. 

I agree with the above.

• Like 1

I have now learned a new word. :) I think you are right that that top bit was probably originally modeled after a hoopak. I, er, "borrowed" it from the Pathfinder iconic witch.

I was trying to bring out the skin tone with the green boots and staff. I did the skin and hair first, and liked the colors, but once I painted her clothes, the skin tone faded into the background in the presence of the violet and aqua. Do you have an alternate color you would recommend?

Edited by AutumnHare
  • Like 2

I have now learned a new word. :) I think you are right that that top bit was probably originally modeled after a hoopak. I, er, "borrowed" it from the Pathfinder iconic witch.

I was trying to bring out the skin tone with the green boots and staff. I did the skin and hair first, and liked the colors, but once I painted her clothes, the skin tone faded into the background in the presence of the violet and aqua. Do you have an alternate color you would recommend?

Of course she borrowed it or is just keeping it safe until she can return it right?  :;): You did a good job swapping the top of the staff and removing the bottle, if I hadn't painted this little gnome myself I would've probably not have noticed the change and would've assumed she was sculpted that way. 

Rather than change the color of her skin you could try to shift the tone some by using either purple or possibly even blue and glazing the surface of the green on her boots and staff. It will gradually change the tone with subsequent layers and be easier than painting them another color. While differentiating the skin a bit.  

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 1

So I would either have your gnomes boots match the purple or the blue,...BUT if you want to do something CRAZY go for a bright orange or some other color that's not on there :D! Good luck and Keep up the great painting!