GW Chaos Warriors of Nurgle

Chaoswolf

So here's my February resolutionary challenge completed in one fell swoop.

1 unit of Nurgle (god of disease, rot, and decay in Warhammer) devoted chaos warriors. The unit is 15 strong including a musician, champion, and standard bearer. They may eventually (hopefully) see the table as part of a Kings of War army, or they may just add to my growing chaos horde as a long term hobby project. Time will tell. The unit is composed of the older 'hunchbacked' plastic warriors with a few way old school metal figures added in. There are a fair number of conversions present as well. This marks my first serious attempt at freehand (shields and standard).

Full disclosure: I did not assemble, paint, and base these guys in 12 days. They were already built and spray primed green when I started back on them. The basing isn't that awesome, I may revisit it at another point in time.

The whole unit:

post-12095-0-66398800-1423794010_thumb.jpg

The front rank:

post-12095-0-44470400-1423794054_thumb.jpg

The second rank:

post-12095-0-05662900-1423794057_thumb.jpg

The third rank:

post-12095-0-00551800-1423794060_thumb.jpg

Shot of the standard:

post-12095-0-22107300-1423794051_thumb.jpg

C&C and/or questions are welcome. Thanks for looking.

ETA--Hmmm...The pics are clickable, just in case the paint jobs didn't scare you enough in the smaller size. Interesting....

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 19

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I just love your standard bearer. I actually thought to myself how cute (which it probably not what this unit generally conveys :;): ).

I love the fabric and his face poking out from behind it. The unit looks good together very cohesive.

Yes, cute is not generally a compliment I'd expect from these guys. :lol:  Thank you very much, glad you like 'em.

@Joshuaslater and Ub3r N3rd--thanks!

• Like 2

Nice job - it was fun that you used actual fabric for the standard bearer.  I've never done that since I was worried that the scale of the weave would throw things off.

These models must be a great addition to your army.

I'm glad you like it; it was actually an experiment to see how it would work. I think it turned out fairly well.

Thank you all for the kind words.