jackypaper

My First Painted Mini

That is a nice clean paint for a first model. Look to add more highlights and depth on future models, even if it's just one extra step at a time.

There are good links to tutorials in this forum as well as good examples of painting.

The main thing to remember is practice as this is how you will improve.

VERY NICE - great shading especially considering it is a first mini - you are off to a great start

You should go back and give the poor fellow eyes, otherwise we'll have to lower his CR ;)

• Like 2

Welcome to mini painting and the forums. Great work for your first mini. And don't be afraid of eyes we all have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

Awesome first!

You've either been researching and studying the techniques or you've got an artistic background.

Keep it up and keep posting your work!

• Like 2

Great job for your first figure!

Other than the eyes, which you mentioned, and others have addressed, that's a pretty solid job.

You'll get better with every mini you paint.

But the main thing, Enjoy it..

Very, very true.

• Like 1

A most excellent job well done. On the subject of eyes, you gotta start somewhere, give that guy some eyes. Monster eyes are awesome to start out with, a solid color looks good on them and you can always add a pupil later when you're feeling more confident. Welcome to the forums and hobby. If your having fun, you're doing it right.

• Like 3

Looks really good.  Keep up the good work!

I have a feeling my first mini from the LTPK is probably going to be three or four colors, hopefully not blobbed together.  We'll see how badly I fail when it comes in this week. :)

I know a fair number of Fellows who have been painting for years & never done an eye. You are a natural. Your creation benefits from some SPLENDID brushwork, GREAT looking metals & FINE skin tones. The eyes & some more elaborate groundwork will come in time; in the interim, you've earned a VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Put some eyes on him. Aside from that, he's fraggin' awesome for a beginner. If my first mini had been that good, Reaper would be paying me by now.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone.  I was very hesitant to post pictures.  I read a LOT of tutorials and watched several videos before I got started.  I found a lot of tips here on these forums. 

And thanks also for making this a friendly environment for newbies. 

• Like 6