Sign in to follow this  
Auberon

Grenadier 2007 Females #5: Guardswoman

Wow, this one is just beautiful, I love the skin tone and the gold on the shield came out really nicely.  I painted this one a long time ago, but way before I started using Reaper paints and basing miniatures.

• Like 2

And what the heck, as long as I'm gushing on about how nice this is, just want to point out that this is a beautiful example of an older miniature (old school if you will) being very nicely painted.  I know there's just tons of people with old stuff hanging around in their houses/basements/dungeons/closets, you should take a break from all your new fangled Bones minis (even though they are very nice in their own right) and spend a number of hours relaxing whilst painting some beautiful, old figure from yesteryear. 

Okay, getting off my soap box, stopped flogging my dead horse....

• Like 2

...you totally freehanded that Eye of Horus on the shield to mock everyone who has trouble painting eyes, didn't you. :lol:

Nooooooo, never.  The thought didn't even cross my mind... :devil:

Wow, this one is just beautiful, I love the skin tone and the gold on the shield came out really nicely.  I painted this one a long time ago, but way before I started using Reaper paints and basing miniatures.

And I should probably mention too I love her helmet and spear head!

And what the heck, as long as I'm gushing on about how nice this is, just want to point out that this is a beautiful example of an older miniature (old school if you will) being very nicely painted.  I know there's just tons of people with old stuff hanging around in their houses/basements/dungeons/closets, you should take a break from all your new fangled Bones minis (even though they are very nice in their own right) and spend a number of hours relaxing whilst painting some beautiful, old figure from yesteryear. 

Okay, getting off my soap box, stopped flogging my dead horse....

:lol:  It's been awhile since I was triple posted.  Yes, there are some nice old minis out there.  Some of them are inexpensive as well.

Nice work. Keep showing the classics please.

I'm feeling left out of the DSM WIP thread so I've opened one of the packs to play along.  I'll still be coming back to these from time to time and plan to finish the entire set this year.

• Like 1

She really is LOVELY. I am amazed at just how WONDERFULLY the Old Girl looks after your deft attention. Your level of artistry & eye for color are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      The dwarf is an Eureka 15mm figure (maybe 18mm, can't remember right now). I brought him with other 15mm figures to see if they would fit as brownies, gnomes or dwarves. He fits all of the roles, so now I know where to get some small folk. I actually enjoyed painting him and the 15mm landsknechts (didn't photograph them) a lot more than I expected.

The monk is an old Grenadier Figure, I think you can get him at Mirliton now. I speed painted him using a Zorn Pallet. It works well for anyone who is somber or drab, it can also work well for NMM.

The figures on both sides are from Ground Zero Games, i think they are from the goth set. They can work as cultists, lords or even vampires. 

The maid and the butler are from Wargames Foundry. I really like the sets. The rest is still being painted. With the maid I experimented in painting an impression of some lace or embroidery on her pink skirt. I tried to make the cup she holds look like bone china. 

Everyone

Back of the Servants
      This picture is closer to the real colour than the one above (thought it is still not perfect, with the monks robes not being as distinct in sections as they are)

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 

• By Glitterwolf
      Printed this Amazon Fighter from Artisan Guild.
      You can get her as a free sample from Yeggie..

She's part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/163/#comments

• By Glitterwolf
      I got this one as an STL file from Titan Forge, printed her on my Elegoo Mars.
      Background is blue foam, I used the GreenstuffWorld Egyptian Roller Pin on that.
      The two Canopy Jars are from Reaper's Nefsokhar Weapon Pack.
      Base is from a BOGW.

She's part of my Shifting Sands Project.
      Meet Zafira, Raider of Tombs and Pyramids.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/14/#comments

• By Glitterwolf
      So for my Shifting Sands Project I would like a photobackdrop like I did for my Lost World.
      Sort of a little diorama/terrain piece on its own but also a nice backdrop.

I'll present to you:

The Temple of Apophis ( or Apep) the Forbidden God.
      Nobody in his right mind would worship the Suneater, or would they?

Start and some shuffling around with pieces to get ideas.
      I already have some stuff in mind, still possible to change/add stuff.

Printing the Artisan Guild Snake Statues that go with that altar as we speak.
      Need more of those braziers, and I will print up some Egyptian torches, maybe columns etc...

Now! KNEEL before Apophis!!!

• By Citrine
      Been on a painting spree these last few months, in fact Cassie is mini 52 painted so far this year, out of my original goal of painting 50 all year.

First up is Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard (SKU 77164) which is the bones version.  The details were a bit soft, but she is totally serviceable for table-top.

Next up, Blink Berenwicket (SKU 3689), the super spunky female gnome warrior in metal.  The sword didn't really turn out, and I should have had a side view...  Metals are shaded metallics.

And last but not least, Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard (SKU 77031) in bones and mini number 52 of the year.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)