Meady

The Sunless Citadel

The campfire is strangely warm tonight, as you all sit around it poking at the licking flames. Mugs of ale are passed around and as it becomes late in the night you all pass onto a warm sleep having many a lovely dream. As the dawn comes you are awoken by the rays of sunshine on your faces and the chirping of the birds. It is peaceful this morning as you all awake and prepare to leave for town of Oakhurst. Shortly after a quick morning meal you're off and arrive at the town of Oakhurst ready to make a name for yourselves.

((Let the fun begin :devil: ))

Aeolene's skin glistens in the new light of the sun.

"Thank you all for welcoming me. I have walked many miles alone since my mentor left. It is good to have company. "

The eyes of the tall woman linger on her separate companions, most fondly on Ball, with a sibling's look to Angus, with a laughing glint at Durgo, and with interest at Dane and Jesper.

Wanderer's Blessing will do her best to be a blessing to them all.

I shoud wish for no evil, I know...and yet I do hope that I can soon help some who need my skills - and the unique power of Aeolo Sierra. Empress of the Wind, my may every wandering step follow the path you've chosen for me...

When the party is ready, she revels in the joy of walking, letting pleasant breaths of air pass through the magical shell that protects her from any wind that might harm her...or even just impede her step...

Dane helps around the camp willing to take on any tasks that need doing, he talks little other than to make polite requests when needing something.

When the camp is struck he wanders along with the easy stride of someone who has walked many a mile.

Durgo rolls out of bed and releases a great bellowing grown as he reaches his arms toward the sky and streches the sleep from his muscles. Blinking sleepily he looks around camp and seems a bit confused with the hastiness of his comrads. Shruggling his shoulder and grumbling to himself he awkwardly bends down onto one knee and wads up his bedding and tosses it into his cart. Mr. Wiggles climbs up from underneath Durgo's pack and screeches at the half orc.

Mr. Wiggles soon begins to drags down a few large bags and a large iron skillet from the cart. Durgo scratches Wiggles behind the ear and then starts cooking a nice hot tasty breakfast and offers some to his travelling companions. It is not until the aroma's of the morning food permiate into his nostrils that Durgo speaks.

"Good morning my overly enthusiastic friends. Why the rush? The cool morning air feels good and makes a wonderful time for reading and staring at the sky, must we leave so soon?"

Durgo complains of the bumps and bruises of travelling and asks often to stop for a quick bite to eat and to take in the scenery. He offers Ball a ride in the cart, and makes idel chat about religion to the clerics.

During their travels Dugor gives many sideways glances at dane. Finally after several hours he looks at dane and states, "I do not know if I should trust a man who so enjoys to walk." Durgo then smiles to himself and goes back to day dreaming.

Angus walks a little way from the camp to speak his morning prayers. He faces North and kneels, arms folded with his hands touching the brands on his shoulders. His axe is planted in the ground before him, blade up. He prays for guidance and strength in the battles to come, and for Clangeddin to bless him with his power (the spells Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance, Shield of Faith, Bless, and Magic Weapon).

After his prayers are done, he comes back to camp, dons his armor, and readies his gear for travel. He accepts some food from the half-orc, though he eyes it suspiciously before eating. Finding that it is not at all bad, he thanks Durgo for the meal. To Durgo's question he answers, "There are battles to fight, and wrongs to right, that's why." When he is done eating, he shoulders his pack and takes up a position beside Aeolene in the marching order.

"What sort of goddess is this Empress of the Wind, anyhow, missie?" he asks.

"Master Durgo whether you should trust anyone is a question that only you can answer, however in my case I suggest you decide quickly as it was I who brought the water to the camp and I who cleaned your utensils. As to enjoying walking well it is an easy task and allows me to meditate on the wellbeing of the world and the ways of my monastary."

Durgo speaking to Dane

"Mr. Wiggles thanks you for washing the utensils, but as far as the well being of the world, that is too big of a trouble for me to worry about. During travels I prefer to ponder the flavors of exotic food what the shape of clouds, but more recently I was wondering just what adventurers do. How long do you think it will take me to collect 5000 gold pieces?"

"5000 I have no idea, in my time the most gold I have ever owned is 20 pieces. Maybe one of the others will no for I have little knowledge of either adventuring or gold. The former I leave to other people and the latter I have little need for. Why is the sum of 5000 of such interest Master Durgo."

Isn't that about how much it costs us to feed you for a week?

Durgo shows a very toothy grin ::D:

Speaking to Dean

"I, like you, have little interest in fortune, but it seems an associate I met thinks I broke something of value and has been very persuasive that I pay him in full and sooner would be better than later. So I find myself leaving the comforts of civilization and in the company of such fine gents as yourself."

Durgo raises his voice to speak to the group. So why are the rest of you abandoning your senses and taking to the road?

Abandoning my senses? Traveling is a way of life for me. Well, it is ever since my family discovered my talents and threw me out. They didn't think I'd make a good farmer, and that I'd be a bad influence on my cousins. Since then, I've been left to fend for myself.

The gently talk is quickly interrupted as the bushes can be heard bursting apart and five men can be seen surrounding the party. The are decked off in leather armour and have turbans wrapped around their heads. One wears a flowing black cape with gold trim. Each brandishes a scimitar held out in front of them. The one wearing the cape speaks.

" Apparently you folks have taken the road less traveled by, and you shall pay dearly. Hand over all your goods or your throats shall be slit and we will let you bleed on the road." After this sentance his eyes can be seen as if he was grinning under the turban. He stands there for a few moments waiting for you to begin giving the goods.

Ball wakes slowly, badly even, she sits up, grimiseing, clawing the sleep from her eyes as she slowly comes to wakefulness. Then, once again she realizes that she is /not/ alone, that she is travleing with... other people and lets out a loud hiss, grasping for her hammer. Then she remembers that these are not her enemies (she doesn't quite know the meaning of the word 'friend' yet, but that may come in time) she also realizes she has missed breakfast. Again. She stands, pulls her tarnished chainshirt over her head (careful not to get her bedraggled hair caught in the links. She looks longlingly at Mister Wiggles for sevral moments before remembering he is not a food source and grumbles to herself.

Howerver reluctantly, she makes her way tword the group (somehow she manages to always sleep a few feet further away then anyone else) and manages a grumbled "Morning" to her travleing companions.

"This is why I hate to travel."

Durgo's hands start to move and draconic words slip from his mouth as he casts magic missle at the speaker. Durgo's right hand seems to be surrounded by a crackleing blue energy as a blue sphere shoots forth from his palm.