Meady

The Sunless Citadel

"Still Meepo does seem to know of the tree we seek and if he can help lead us there it may save us a lot of combat and bloodshed." Replies Dane.

"I doubt it, Dane." mutters Angus, still looking around suspiciously. "But, trap or no, we may as well give it a try." He turns to the kobold leader and asks "Where were these goblins last seen?"

Yusdrayl looks you up and down, and mutters something to some guards in a language you don't understand. The guards scurry off and then she turns her attention to you.

"You going to find Calcryx eh? Good, you come back with Calcryx and I reward you. The door to GoblinVille is at the end of this chamber, go way down and knock on the door, the password is Asmegeradon, that will allow you entrance to GoblinVille, go now and don't come back to you find my dragon!"

At her words, Angus' demeanor changes from cautious to enraged. His eyes flash, his nostrils flare, and through gritted teeth he rasps "Only if you ask me nicely, you miserable dog! I don't take orders from kobolds!"

Ball isn't quite sure how to react to this, so she stays quiet, but ready to leap into action if it proves nessicary.

Idiot! Angus thinks to himself. Goblin-sniffing moron! This is no time for foolish pride. She can't help the way she talks, she's a stupid kobold! I just hope I haven't put the whole group in danger. They may be only kobolds, but there sure are a lot of the little buggers. Clangeddin watch over us. He silently prays as he tightens his grip on his axe and aims his fiercest stare at the kobold leader.

Yusdrayl smiles evily and jumps out of her throne onto the floor in front of the group. She begins to chant an arcane phrase and she reaches out a finger to touch Angus. He feels his whole body tighten and hes frozen in place. Yusdrayl now looks at the rest of the group and says:

"The foolish dwarf should watch his mouth. Due to the fact that I particularly want Calcryx back I won't have you fed to Nightshade. Now, be gone and don't return until you have the dragon or you'll be cast into the pit of shadows to be Nightshades next dinner"

She thens chants anther phrase and Angus regains control of himself.

Ball almost springs into action, but there really are a lot of those little kobalds.... she glares at the shaman as it 'freezes' her companion... then asks. "Ball still does not know, what does your dragon look like. Will any old dragon do?"

Angus stands silent for a moment, moving his limbs to make sure that they are functioning properly. Thank Clangeddin she aimed that attack at me, and not my companions. he thinks. He then pulls himself up to his full height and proclaims to the kobold leader "You will die for that, this I swear. But it shall not be this day, for we have other errands to attend to."

Hearing Ball's question, Angus turns slightly and smiles at the halfling, saying "I happen to know where a very old Red sleeps, maybe he'll do."

Yusdrayl looks very annoyed but speaks again:

"Nightshade is the great beast that guards the tree I believe you're after, there is a direct passage there, its underneath my throne. No one exactly knows what it is, except its victims, when we came here there was a hole in the floor where my throne was, it said in crude draconic 'Nightshade Tunnel'"

"Is there some place we may rest in safety before finding your dragon?" Angus asks civilly, though it visibly pains him to do so. "Some of my companions have been injured, and we would be grateful."