Jump to content

Meady

The Sunless Citadel

Recommended Posts

"Apologies, Durgo, I was not looking when Ball's blow fell. I was looking about to see if there were any more bandits, and assumed that the bastard had passed out from his wounds. String him up as a warning if you like, but I still say there may be a reward."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Upon seeing the spoon, Angus immediately recognizes it. "Durgo, do you have a bowl or pot on your cart?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

To Aeolene he says, "It is true, dwarves have stern punishments, but never until after a fair trial. Moradin and Clangeddin frown upon vigilante justice."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

If Durgo has a bowl or similar object and is forthcoming with it, Angus will take the spoon from Aeolene and place it in the vessel, saying "Watch this". If not, he will say "Keep that spoon, for it will feed us when we run out of rations."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((I see you already know what this is eh? ^_^, doesn't really matter but did you look it up or did you just know what it was?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Nice work!!! Ok, well now you people know, it's called "Murlynds Spoon" and as Angus said, when placed in a bowl it creates a gruel that has all the nutrients the body needs, however it tastes like wet cardboard ^_^ ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yum!

 

I can fix that, I think. (needs to look up details of prestidigitation again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durgo has Wiggles go get a bowl from the cart and hands it over to Angus (As Black Angus - your name makes Durgo's tummy growl). Here is a bowl, but beware magic spoons make bad food.

 

 

(FYI, I have maxed out Durgo's cooking skill and he is quite an accomplished chef)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It will take a long time for me to starve, I have all of you to eat." Durgo walks back to his cart and climbs aboard. "Are we gonna look for bandit hideout or get movin? Faster we get going, faster we get to stop for dinner. Speaking of..." Durgo digs through his sacks of food and grabs some imported cheese and bread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If there are more of these bandits in a camp, then travellers are still at risk here. My Empress would consider it important, now that we've started, to dig out these bandits root and twig!

 

"Yet, I know we are bound for Oakhurst and they may have knowledge of the bandits there. Do any of you think we will be more successful in tracking them by rumor in the village, or should we look for spoor of them here near the road?

 

"The question has already been framed, of course, I only restate it as we were momentarily distracted by this wondrous spoon. For me, I'd rather stay and see what we can see of bandits today. But if others feel differently, well... I've been enjoying your company lately and would be loathe to give you up as travelling companions. I would follow where the majority would go..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. We should see if there are more bandits lurking about. Other travelers might not be so lucky as we.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I would be much happier if we search now before any tracks are lost, if we find nothing we can still continue to the village and see if they know anything of these bandits and their lair." Says Dane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durgo stops eating for a second and as he speaks food sputters from his mouth. "I say don't go lookin for trouble and trouble won't go looking for you. But if you insist on going into the lions den, I will be there, if I must."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angus glares at the corpse of the bandit leader hanging from the tree. "The sooner we root out this scum, the better," he says as he wipes the blood off his axe. "I don't like bandits, and I don't like those who attack my companions."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Well, majority rules ^_^ ))

 

After getting over the first bandit fight, you have finally gotten fully preped for travel. The bandits had approached from the western side of the path, and with the naked eye it seems as though there is a path that leads to the top of a ridge. Upon moving stealthily through the thick underbrush you reach the top of the cliff, which is about 200-300 meters off the trail, you look down upon a small valley. About ten tents can be seen, with at least twenty bandits walking around. Carts are laden down with plunder and a small building lies at the end of the rows of tents. You can barely mke out the building at the end, which looks like it is made from a rich wood. On either side of the buildind entrance is a bandit, armoured in a golden colored armour, holding a sword. Each holds a large chain that connects to a collar that holds a pair of tigers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×