Meady

The Sunless Citadel

"Thank you for the compliment, Aeolene, but you don't need to shout the name of your god to show others that you have a divine ally. Just walk the path that she has laid before you." Angus grins sheepishly and adds, "I have a tendancy to pop off at the mouth, a trait that has lead me to not a little bit of trouble."

"I would be glad to tell you of the wonders of the delve," he adds, "though it has been a while since I left my home in Mithrall Hall....." He stops speaking as the spiders suddenly appear.

"But now is not the time!" he bellows, charging the nearest spider with his axe poised to strike.

Jesper decides now would be a good time to cast a magic missle. So he does, aiming for the nearest spider.

Ball does what balls do best. She charges into the closest spider, swing her mace this way and that as she climbs once more into her barbarian's battle rage.

Durgo, being behind most of you begins to cast magic missle and lets it loose at the nearest spider, the bolt flying out and slamming into the hairy body, sending flesh and fur everywhere. Dane whips his Nunchaku forawrd and smacks a spider in the head, giving it a dazed look. The spider Dane just attacked lashes forward at him, taking a bite of him((2 points of damage)). Mr. Wiggles, not liking the sheer size of the spiders stays on Durgos shoulder. Angus charges forward and with a hard swing of his axe he guts the spider from stem to sturnum, killing it instantly. Aeolene fires a clothyard shaft from her longbow, and the point slams into the spider's head, killing it.

(( dang, you guys kicked my spiders asses quickly <_< . Good job ^_^ , thats 50 experience))

Dane puts his Nunchaku away and then retrieves the torch from where he had tossed it. Turning to Angus he asks "Master Angus could you please hold this for a few moments." Then he cleans the wound up that the spider inflicted on him. Once done he asks for the torch back and continues on down the tunnel carrying on setting fire to the webs.

Ball runs down the corridor a few yards, makeing sure the threat is really over before she alllows herself to fall out of her rage.

Durak breaks out some food and snacks while his friends bandage themselves up.

"Thank your gods and godesses for our success and lets get going, I hate these tight tunnels. I am still sad I had to leave my wagon behind, walking does not become me."

You continue on down the tunnel without delay, reaching a dead end. The only thing at the end of the tunnel is a lever. There is a crude writing on the wall which has been scratced and torn up over endless use.

After the victory, Aeolene does indeed give a prayer to her goddess both for the general victory of her party, as well as the guidance the Wanderer gave to her Longbow's arrow.

Following the prayer, she helps make sure that Dane's injury is as poison-free as she can make it. Someday, Wanderer Willing, I will be able to disenvenom wounds such as these. FlamenAel could do it, he said, even before reaching the rank of High Priest. I wonder if I will be able to fulfill the potential he sees in me...

Then, at the end of the walk, she recognizes that there is little to be done save move the lever, unless..."Can any of you here read those scratches?"

"I think it says 'pull this'. But I can't tell what language it is written in."

After a party vote, the lever is pulled and the wall to the left slides open into a room, from which music is flowing down the wooden steps. You all step out into the storage room of the Tavern and the door closes behind you. In this room lay many wine racks, large cases of food and some musical insturments. A ladder go upward, ending in a trap door.

"Unless any of you have objection, I'm going up this ladder. No sense in waiting down here. Finding us in his cellar will be just as disconcerting to the innkeep as seeing us come out of it."

Then, unless anyone stops her, Aeolene - making sure her longbow is stowed carefully over her shoulder and none of her other weapons are in a remotely threatening position - steps lightly up the ladder...