Sign in to follow this  
Meady

The Sunless Citadel

Aeolene looks out a window about 5' from the door - carefully so as not to get nailed with an arrow or with the door if it's suddenly thrown open, but she wants to make sure we're not being ambushed from all sides.

She smiles at Durgo's comment. "For some reason, my bookish friend, I have a feeling we won't need to venture below to find out what killed the innkeep."

After a quick investigation, all that is found on the innkeep that may point to his death are two holes in his neck that looks as if it was bit into.

"I don't like this. Let's notify the constable so that the authorities don't think that anyone here," at this point she gestures not only to her adventuring comrades, but also to the few other patrons in the place, "had anything to do with it. Then I want to get to wherever that map says is the entrance to the citadel. This poor hamlet is threatened from inside and out...and I won't be surprised if the source its curse is in that swallowed fort. That is even more of a reason to go there than any promise we made to the Yuan-ti."

She stops and shakes her head..."This whole town's identity is bound up with tragedy. Durgo, I will happilly aid in reconstituting your supplies and any that need light sources should have them. Are there any other reasons to delay going to the cursed Citadel?" She looks at all her comrades, but in particular at Angus, trusting her wisdom to remind her of anything she may have forgotten.

At this point a scream can he heard from upstairs and a women practically flies down the stairs. When she gets to the bottom, the only words she can get out before she faints are...

"Upstairs...massacr...."

After reaching upstairs, the same gut wrenching scene can be scene in each room. Blood splattered all over the walls and floor, the victims have been split wide open and entrails are all over their beds and floor. On the last victim a dagger that has a gold handle with a snakes head on the end and a evil serated looking silver blade is jammed into his chest, a note attached to it that reads:

"Make haste, or worse will happen"

"I cannot think of a suitable curse for those vile snaky bastards.", Angus says as he looks at the carnage. "These poor souls deserved better than this." His face becomes very reverent as he begins to pray for all the dead, and performing last rights for any dwarves.

When he is done, he says "We best be going before they cause any more destruction. But mark my words, I wil see that justice finds Gareth and his associates."

Huffing & puffing, Durgo reaches the top of the stairs. "Let us get moving, I will go to the kitchen and grab some food. This snake now has no chance of getting this apple. I suggest we get the apple and then make haste to the nearest garrison of soldiers and report the slaughter of these people and the location of the assassin."

Ball, now thruroly disgusted with this place, pases inpatently in the lower chanber whilest the mage studies, the cleric prays and people shop. (If they do) SHe just wants quit of here.

Aeolene collects the silver blade sheathing it for the time when she may return it to its owner...

"I've completed my morning rituals. I'll leave as soon as the others are ready."