Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Meady

The Sunless Citadel

Recommended Posts

Durgo starts digging through the mess in the back of his cart and grabs his rope. He then picks up the dagger and the bandit leader. Walking to the neares tree Durgo puts the body down and tries to swing the rope over a hefty branch on the tree. Durgo turns inside out all of the bandits pockets and removes anything else of value and tosses it in the cart.

 

Assuming no one interacts, Durgo will hang the bandit from the tree. He will then get a piece of parchment and write BANDIT in large block letters and pin it to the body with a fish hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having dispached the final enemey, Ball lets the hammer slip from her weakend hands and slumps to the ground exhosted from her efforts. She mutters quietly to herself, but doesn't have the strength to speak much louder right this second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dane on seeing Ball's state and remembering that the halfling had eaten no breakfast, he wanders over to her and passes over some cured meat and a waterskin. "Please Mistress Ball you seem tired, these should help restore your strength."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ball blinks up at the man, still recovering from her enraged state, and nods.

 

She murmers 'THanks,' and even offers the man a weary smile, then begins wolfing the meal down... this raging first thing in the morning is tired work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aeolene is interested in monies only to the extent that she could use them to help others. If she is offered a share, she will accept it, putting it in a special pouch of coins not intended for her own use. She should not profit from coins stolen from others.

 

She IS however, interested in magic, and will detect magic over the fallen foes to see what might be found.

 

It is now, during the search, that she responds to Angus' question, "I hurt, Angus. It was a deep blow, but it will not continue to bleed. My Goddess' blessing should be sufficient to heal me."

 

After her detection spell has run it's course, aiding her in collecting anything magical from the thieves, she then takes time to heal others and herself.

 

"Who here is still in need of a healing blessing?"

 

When others are healed, she will devote her remaining powers to her own care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angus approaches Durgo. "Lower the rope. It would be an injustice to hang a man who has yielded, at least without a trial. Let us bind him over to the next magistrate." Quietly, he says to Durgo, "Who knows, there may be a reward, And I hear your looking for a few thousand gold......."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Master Angus if he were still alive I would agree with you whole heartedly, however as he is dead thanks to Mistress Ball I feel he may serve as a warning to those who think about turning to banditry themselves."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As no one else is clamoring for healing & Aeolene herself only remembers Durgo and herself being injured, She casts Cure Light Wounds on herself, foregoing her "Obscuring Mist" spell. That will heal 1d8 + 1, yielding a good chance that she will be completely healed after that. If not, she will forgo an Orison to Cure Minor Wounds so that she can save her Magic Weapon spell.

 

After this, she watches the stringing up of the Bandit's body (pour encouragez les otres!).

 

"Master Angus, I agree with you, this is a distasteful custom. However, I also agree with them - a stern warning may prevent evil before it starts. Tho' I would not display a body like this myself, they were villainous to travellers...I cannot bring myself to interfere. Surely the dwarves have stern customs of their own?"

 

Aeolene listens with interest to the noble Priest's reply, cherishing any information as important information should the Path of the Wind ever blow to dwarven lands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ball's lip curls as she watches them string the body up. her fatigue from battle has passed and she is sitanding now, the hammer slung over her back. She shrugs a little at the priest's discussion and mutters, "Never seems to stop the orcis when I do it to 'em... probably won't stop the bandits."

 

That comment made, she goes looking for any more breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dane wanders over and picks up his discarded waterskin, then turns to the group. "So shall we continue on our way, or do we look to see if they had a camp nearby ? I am concerned that they may have captives or slaves"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...