Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Meady

The Sunless Citadel

Recommended Posts

"We could wait for nightfall and take them by surprise." Angus says as he fingers the blade of his axe, "But I will defer the decision to the rest of you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...there are more than I had thought there would be. I've not seen such organization amoung bandits. Perhaps this is something that should be left to the local authorities...unless these *are* the local authorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree with Master Durgo, while it saddens me no end to know that the law breakers will still be here able to inflict suffering and cruelty on the good people of this region, it seems to me that we would have litttle chance of winning an attack on their encampment. Thus we need to pass information onto the local sheriff. Hopefully the sheriff will then be able to do something about this."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A voice can be heard speaking behind you.

 

"I doubt that will be necessary"

 

You all turn to face about ten bandits. Eight of them have crossbows aimed at you. One is pointing a large sword and the other stands back a little with a short sword and a tiger on a leash. The man, similar to the other one with a cape and turban begins to talk again.

 

"I will be taking you to master Gerath. He shall decided your faith. Now you can come peacefully, or you can come dead"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bandit lowers his sword and a smile can be seen from under the turban, Yet again he begins to speak.

 

"I agree with your orc friend, you came looking for trouble"

 

With that he steps back behind the archers and casts a spell. A bright ball of light shoots up into the air and explodes. There are many sounds from inside the camp and another five men come up over the bank. One carries a bird cage, the other three have axes and are dressed in plate mail. The leader instructs the armoured men to find the monkey. The are in the bushes a short while before one emerges with a skirming Mr. Wiggles. He then tosses him in the bird cage. The man carrying the cage walks back down into the camp and you can see him go into the building. Durgo gets a empathic feeling of alarm from the monkey, then nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aeolene's face is grave...

 

the forbidding of travel and freedom to wander is a grave sin to her mind.

 

And yet she sees now little alternative to placing her feat on the path pointed out by the crossbow bolts of the bandits.

 

I will follow. Perhaps it is that the Wanderer intended for my path to veer in this direction. I hope that my path is not meant to end here.

 

The tall woman's face is serious, but not precisely defiant. Yet those who look carefully see flashes in her eyes like a distant storm's lightning reflected...even tho' there is no such storm nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ball has this tendancy to... shall we say, keep out of sight, espically when it's not so prudent to atack the orc standing there with all of her ability. So she kind of fades, following, but keeping out of sight. Not sneaking, but being... in the background, and so she has been doing. Even though she has so much difficulty growling at the orc before her... perhaps that is what calls attention to her once more. But she stands beside the priestess now, makeing a low growl, but staying perfectly still

 

 

 

 

 

((I'm really sorry, I could not post over the weekend at all.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another smile can be seen from under the turban and with the crossbowman coming up the rear, the group of bandits lead you down into the camp. As you near the building, more noticible features can come into view. The outside of the building seens to have something painted on the heavy iron latch door is the portrait of a snakeman, or Yuan-Ti as some of you know them as is fighting and slaying many humans. The tigers don't seem overly savage and overly, they seem tranced. When you reach the door. The Leader Bandit knocks on the door, and a deep hissing voice answers to send in the prisoners. The door is pushed open by two men and you are ushed inside, then the door is shut behind you. The room is about thirth feet long by twenty feet wide. At the end of the room, lies a large throne made entirely from gold and jewels. In the throne sits a beast that looks half man, half snake. You quickly gather its a Yuan-Ti. It is laden with plate armour and one scaley hand rubs the head of a white tiger. On a table to it's left is the bird cage with the monkey inside. In a deeper hissing voice it speaks.

 

"Welcome to my home. I am Gerath the king of this place. This is yours I presume master orc?"

 

He gestures to Mr. Wiggles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gareth laughs and flicks the door of the cage open with his clawed hand, at which point Mr. Wiggles jumps out and runs to Durgo. The snakeman once again begins to talk.

 

"I took him simply to get you down here. The real reason I asked you here is about to be told. You all know of the sunless citadel I'm sure. A friend of mine is desperately ill, and within the citadel lies a tree that produces magical fruit that can help her. The tree should be bearing the white apple of health around this time, and I can reward you greatly if you bring me back that apple. Let's set the reward at maybe 500 gold pieces a head, give or take. What do you say?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...