Sign in to follow this  
Meady

The Sunless Citadel

"While dealing with you does not sit well with me, I feel for the one who is ill and so agree to help find this apple, though I to have little interest in financial reward. If you wish your friend to live I suggest you give us these potions that you speak off, for we will have more chance of sucess and if you really wish us to complete this quest you will see the sense of this. I doubt we have little of value to exchange for them anyway, but the price can be deducted from the amount you have promised us."

"So I leave it to you, give us the items that will help us retrieve this apple for you and increase the chances that your friend will live or don't and accept that we will be less likely to succede."

"I'll take no gold from the likes of you!", Angus says indignantly. "We have a deal only if you make it two months for which your men do not steal."

Durgo's eyes dart from companion to companion and then he speaks to the lizard. "My friends are suffering from shock, we will be happy to take the gold, we can put it to more positive use than you and your companions." Durgo looks at the clerics and continues, "even if we donate it all to the church. At least it will not be used to further evil."

The snakeman slithers off his throne and grabs a bag from behind it. The white tiger behind him jumps up onto the throne and snarls at you all, till a glace from its master shuts it up. Gareth hands the bag to Dane and begins to talk.

"Inside are three healing potions and a map to the Sunless Citadel from the town. Regarding whats inside the citadel, my men talked of Goblins, however apart from that I have no idea as to what else is inside. The passage here will lead to the basement of the town tavern, called 'The Lucky Goblin'. However be careful, for recently the men I have sent through to steal goods at night from the tavern have reported that there are some spiders down there that are quite large, and may be quite hungry. Good luck and Godspeed travellers"

With that he pulls on a candlestick and an area of the floor opens, revealing a hole thats about five feet all the way around. A ladder leads down into the darkness.

With a final angry glare at Gareth, Angus descends down the ladder. When he reaches the bottom, he will draw his axe and look about for anything that could possibly harm his companions.

Dane hooks the bag onto his belt then looks around the room. Grabbing a torch and he lights it then leaning into the doorway checks that Angus is out the way, then he tosses the torch down and follows at a slower rate down the ladder.

"I don't know why we aren't just heading into town by the normal roads, but this works for me." Jesper follows Dane down the ladder.

You all get down into the passage and the entrance seals, and the face of Gareth is no longer seen. The passage is covered in thick webs, and corpses hang from the ceiling covered in webs. There are bones and blood all over the passage and the smell of death is eminant.

If Ball was acting uneasy around the orc, her dis-ease has only increased in this passage. Now she unslings her hammer and trots a few steps to walk at the front of the group, not so much because she wants to protect these people from whatever might be down there, but because this way, she doesn't have to get around them when trouble starts and she charges blindly into it. 'Know thyself' is Ball's watchword these days. THat and 'Kill all the orcs.'

"Dane," Aeolene asks, "would you mind touching flame to those webs? They should burn easily down here with no rain and little dew to fight the flames."

Aeolene encourages Dane to go first, always burning webs ahead of the party. As for herself, she cares little for where she might fit in the order of march. Also, it's clear the godly woman walks in comfort, neither dark nor the closed underground space affecting her mood, but the priestess does whisper repetitive mantras whenever she feels the air around her fall still...

After walking a short while, she takes up a place near Angus - either quickening her pace or waiting for him to catch up as necessary. "Priest Angus. I wished to tell you the respect you earned today. Your words reminding all that Clanggedin is your ally were both wise and well turned. I hope that in time I hone my awareness of my Goddess' presence til it matches yours. I must admit, I was thinking so much of the overall situation and my affront at the proffered gold, that I barely noticed the snake speak of allies, and clearly did not properly appreciate the inherent slight to my goddess contained in that use of the word.

"I hope we can teach each other much." The tall archer smiles. "Perhaps starting with this: I hear that dwarves are well adapted to life underground, and often build cities and homes there. I've not seen a dwarven home so cannot tell the truth of such things. My folk lived in great trees and rarely did I visit a cave or aught else underground. It seems wondrous. Constant natural sculptures all round. There is clearly joy in the very earth. And yet, since I pledged myself to a life serving Aeolo Sierra, I've become acutely accustomed to any moment that lacks movement in the air. I would not wish to live forever underground and have a hard time imagining the culture of a people that do.

"So could you tell me more of the dwarven folk. If you are any example, there is much to be proud of in your race..."

"Of course Mistress Aeolene." Dane starts to reach out with the torch and set alight the nearby webs. He then walks along with Ball to his fore, as it is easy enough to reach over the halfling and carry on burning all the webs.

"Who else carries torches or lanterns ? For I fear when this torch runs out we will have little to light our way and I for one am unable to see in the dark."

As you get so far up the tunnel, the air gets stale and there is movement ahead. Then, two large spiders scurry up the passage and drop from the ceiling. They hiss and begin to move forward.

((First round actions please))

Dane lobs the torch forward so that it lands near the spiders. Thus his hands free he draws his Nunchaku and then waits for Ball to clear a path, engaging whichever spider he can best get to. All the while being sure to dodge any attacks by his assailant.