The elephant in the room

Titus

All I can say is, as a GM I have to balance wanting every mini under the sun with the cost in terms of time and money. Bones I more than doubled my collecting by drastically reducing both the time and money invested in getting figures. Bones II probably also doubled my collection because I was able to save up for months in anticipation. I would be down with Bones III in a heartbeat.

• Like 4

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.....  KS1 ended in 2012. When fullfilment was completed in 2013, my best guess at the time was (if Reaper decided to run another Bones KS) that they would hold off a year to 2014 to run another campaign. I was pretty confident in my prediction.  I was totally wrong. KS2 started up in 2013. I wouldn't put it past the Reaper Sages of Smart to know what their business can do and when they are ready for another campaign. My wallet would cry if they start another fantasy based Bones KS because I wouldn't be able to stop myself from backing. The DM in me want's rivers of Bones to flow at mega-cheap bargain prices.

• Like 6

yeah... I bought a new bookshelf... it's full... sigh.  Time to visit IKEA again.

Can one really have too many minis?

Yes, but only because you've ran out of house to store them in.

The answer is obviously to get a bigger house.

I like how the "elephant in the room" has gone from being "Will there be another Reaper Bones kickstarter?" to the amount of minis we all have after having backed various Reaper Bones kickstarters. And it's still appropriate, at least based on weight...

• Like 3

On the Warlord vein, what about a good cole selection of always useful figs for both RPG and warlord. This could include generic human/monsters for RPG that are also mercenary or choices available to all (most) armies.

Paired with that would be the nice to have figs that could be objectives in warlord (or other games) and window dressing for RPG. Think livestock, peasants, wagon, and dungeon/town dressing like sign posts, tables, chairs, a well etc. I think bases would be a given too considering it would be intended to support a game relaunch.

The add ons could be army starters. I suggest a generic core to expand the market beyond the game and also from my experience years ago at a FLGS where plaers would skip GW box sets if they didn't want the models.

Just my two cents to keep the KS as wide as possible while still supporting the game.

• Like 1

Well, whatever Reaper does, please have a Discover or PayPal option. I'm pretty ambivalent about getting a new cc just for KS projects. I really should quit KS, since I have too many mini's.

Otherwise, in for a core set plus mouslings! Wouldn't mind some LTPK's, either!

• Like 1

Well, most houses don't have a room big enough for an elephant, so my suggestion of getting a bigger house is still completely on-topic!

If it was an Asian elephant, most houses could probably accommodate if it was on the smaller side, they grow 7-10ft tall.  An African Elephant, you'd need some cathedral ceilings.

Now granted, getting one in the door…  Not to mention reinforcing your floor joists.

Also an issue I will have to consider with my Bones II box.

• Like 3