Adventure Scents: Special Effects for the Coolest Noses

Cranky Dog

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself strangely tempted. Might have to wander up to indy next month to go to the con

Yeah, I'm oddly fascinated with this. The rational part of my brain says it's not something I want to spend money on, but the part of my brain that wants to be an EPIC GAMEMASTER wants to combine this with the music, terrain, and minis I have to make an EPIC GAMING EXPERIENCE!!!!11!11!

I'm really trying not to listen to that part of my brain. :)

• Like 1

Huh...

I'm strangely intrigued and scared at the same time to think of what Dragon's Cave might smell like... I mean it's a big animal... And working plumbing is pretty sparse...

The KS page says this person is from my little town in Indiana... Maybe I can convince them to swing by one of the FLGS PFS nights so I can smell Dragon Cave in person.

If you let me know when and where, I'd be happy to stop by with some samples for you to try out. I'm happy to put them in the hands of my fellow Bloomingtonians :)  The Dragon's Cave is one of our "prettier" fragrances - stone, water, and incense for the dragon's breath. Some of our scents are much dirtier - the Moldy Crypt is a combination of dank basement, mold, and decay; the vampire's lair is blood, fresh dirt, and red wine; and the fishing pier is lake water and dead fish. If you are looking for a more unkempt dragon, a combination of scents might be ideal.  

I actually like the idea. It's always easier to demonstrate than to describe. However, I can't imagine any of the owners of the houses we play in wanting their dining room smelling like a vampire lair or mummy tomb...

I'm totally with you! When I designed these scents, I was looking for something that could be used in a classroom or library - where you can't light a candle or spritz oils around that are going to persist after the game is over. No one wants the smell of a moldy crypt to linger where it doesn't belong. So the scentFX are designed to start to fade as soon as the lid is closed. Nothing should linger too long, and the scents can be used in sequence.