Over halfway through the month and I decided I needed to start my next reaper Halloween chibi.  So random draw at the start of the month was Gus.  I had him all prepped up over the month.  So I started him up today.  Base coat of RMS Ghost White.  Not original I know, but I wanted to go blue.  So I shaded down with 3 layer of a mix of ghost white and sapphire blue.  After that I blended back in some ghost white.  Then I highlighted up with Pure White.  I then base coated the chains with a mix of cloudy grey and sapphire blue.  Here is what I wound up with after all that.

post-12625-0-73390100-1424144416.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day of painting on gus down.  He's moving along rather quickly.  Guess that is because of how few fiddle bits there are.  I got some progress on the chains his right chains, well almost done.  Its was a test on NMM within the limited palette I've chosen to work with.  I used RMS Midnight Black, Cloudy Grey, Sapphire Blue (to tie it together), and white.  Here is the progress photo.

post-12625-0-14212200-1424228727.jpg

And because the camera is a harsh critic, here is smaller shot to get a better look at it more to scale, at least on my computer screen.

post-12625-0-89208100-1424228727.jpg

• Like 4

I finally noticed what Cash and Darcstaar were talking about with my lighting.  I like the idea of the purple and usually use that to shade my blues, though for this mini I think I wanted to play with ?saturation? levels for the shading.  I think Gus is 90% done.  I went with a the same color's as the NMM for the eye's.  Might go over it one more time with a midtone wash and smaller dot white highlight, not sure yet.  Just need to get the base finished and any other clean ups that I or other's notice.  Then its done.

post-12625-0-54708000-1424391899.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.