Khanjira vs Kaladrax

prophetic_joe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Draw!

Khanjira would defeat Kally, but it'd only be for a certain amount of time. Kally can be vanquished, but would also come back due to his phylactery needing to be destroyed as well.

Khanjira is a primordial from when the world was born, it cannot ever be destroyed only contained, it always comes back. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 8

Well Kally is dead so Khanjira probably killed him.

So, undead Kaladrax Reborn returns for the ultimate rematch!

Oh, I read the write up for the tarasque. Kaly would be a poor sad pile of splintered bones :upside:

Does the Tarasque have any particular plan to attack a flying opponent? I can see it devolving to a stalemate pretty quick.

I also have to guess that Kaladrax is the smarter of the two, but that might just be dracophile bias talking.  ^_^

• Like 2

Well Kally is dead so Khanjira probably killed him.

So, undead Kaladrax Reborn returns for the ultimate rematch!

Oh, I read the write up for the tarasque. Kaly would be a poor sad pile of splintered bones :upside:

Does the Tarasque have any particular plan to attack a flying opponent? I can see it devolving to a stalemate pretty quick.

I also have to guess that Kaladrax is the smarter of the two, but that might just be dracophile bias talking.  ^_^

Depends on which "version" of the Terrasque you are using.

Some versions allow it to JUMP very high and others have an "Earth Binding Aura" which basically makes flying things in the aura fall to the ground.

Kally being very smart, would never actually try his luck against this Primordial IMHO.

• Like 4

Flight is a traditional weakness of the Tarrasque, but, as ub3r mentioned, some versions of it are tooled with better anti-air capability. I seem to remember the Pathfinder Tarrasque, in particular, being designed with a mind to eliminating the weaknesses of the 3.5 Tarrasque, making it harder to exploit.

Edited by Ascension
  • Like 2

yeah if Khanjira is using D&D Tarrasque rules, Kaladrax can't really kill him without a LOT of effort. It would probably be easier for Kaladrax to just hibernate or seal himself away or move it base of operations until Khanjira is done decimating everything and goes back to sleep. 

D&D Tarrasques are less monsters and more horrific natural disasters that you just kind of try to survive. I don't think an ancient dracolich would be bothered to try and deal with it, and it'd probably keep pesky adventurers away for an extra decade or so. 

• Like 5

The same can be said for the powers/abilities of a Dracolich. Some versions are more powerful than others. 

If we're following the 3.x lineage, a Dracolich is intelligent enough to have class levels.

Yep, so it's all dependent on the version(s)/ruleset we are using to say who'd win the fight (until the loser was reborn or comes back out of hibernation).

ETA: WOOT! 17,000th post!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6