Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The dwarf is an Eureka 15mm figure (maybe 18mm, can't remember right now). I brought him with other 15mm figures to see if they would fit as brownies, gnomes or dwarves. He fits all of the roles, so now I know where to get some small folk. I actually enjoyed painting him and the 15mm landsknechts (didn't photograph them) a lot more than I expected.
The monk is an old Grenadier Figure, I think you can get him at Mirliton now. I speed painted him using a Zorn Pallet. It works well for anyone who is somber or drab, it can also work well for NMM.
The figures on both sides are from Ground Zero Games, i think they are from the goth set. They can work as cultists, lords or even vampires.
The maid and the butler are from Wargames Foundry. I really like the sets. The rest is still being painted. With the maid I experimented in painting an impression of some lace or embroidery on her pink skirt. I tried to make the cup she holds look like bone china.
Back of the Servants
This picture is closer to the real colour than the one above (thought it is still not perfect, with the monks robes not being as distinct in sections as they are)
Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated.
First model painted in my War of the Roses collection. This is from the Mercenaries box which I've had for ages now and only now getting them done with my other models. This was a warm up miniature as I've been out of painting for months and I'd want to test my skills. I'm not dissatisfied with the finished miniature, it's not incredible but the end result is solid for the tabletop. Moreover I've managed to get him done in a timely manner and made a small improvement to my unpainted and unassembled miniatures. I've only painted about 6 or so miniatures in my 5 years in the hobby so any finished model is a new feeling haha. Lots of paint on the pants of the model that got smudged on there by accident.
It's unbased, but I'll be basing them in May when I get supplies for that. I'm done with hobby purchases until then. The halberd tip kept breaking throughout painting the model, the way it's attached is horrid. It will definitely snap unless I superglue it.
The cloth was a fun experience, and I definitely skipped some steps. I lost patience at some stages but the end result ended up well for the tabletop. Enjoy the finished miniature! Feedback always welcome.
Thank you for reading.
By Rob Dean
A little expedient painting...I am still trying to finish my 12-stand De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) army of 13th century BC Libyans, and they get a stand of mercenary Sea Peoples blades. So, here it is. As with the other Libyan stands, the figures are drawn from a Caesar Miniatures box set of ~40 figures in 12 poses, of which we have great store.
Who's Online 16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)