Bones storage, big and small

spade413

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those Mantis boxes cardboard?! If so, SOLD!

Yes, fancy cardboard box with a wide range of foam inserts to choose from.

I believe he's looking at cardboard alternatives - I didn't pay too much attention that that conversation.

Mantis is a one-man start-up operating from his garage and rented space and struggling with delivering his first KS on his own while coping with life and work to pay the bills (commas removed from that sentence - solidarity!). He is intending to offer the cases for sale online and is even mad enough to be considering another KS.

Good on him and good luck, I hope he makes it work and I encourage you to support him with your business. But fair warning not to expect the Reaper-level-customer-service-awesomeness yet.

His web page (mantiscreations.com) is just about KS fulfilment but he has a twitter page which gets occasional love

twitter.com/MantisCreation

I can't comment on the quality of the cases as I'm still awaiting mine. His KS is only 5 months late so far, barely even worth mentioning. :-)

• Like 1

So, it's come to this. Storage. Bought the bones, now where do you place them all?

You can't place them all in one thing. You buy a good solution for the thing, then you buy more things that don't fit the solution.

*Goes mad*

Seriously though, I will probably have to explain the organized madness that I have been working on soon.

• Like 1

Currently my mini collection is several places. Everywhere that I've been able to get away with it they are perched on the mouldings in the livingroom... (my sweetheart only lets me put so many there) and a bunch are on my desk right now (D&D: Icingdeath, Gargantuan Black Dragon, Remorhaz, Aspect of Hextor, Shambling Mound, Bugbear Gang Leader, Protectar, Dragonwrought Kobold, Flameskull, Centaur Hero, Lord of Blades... Pathfinder: Irabeth and Sea Cat)

Then I have several "tackle box" style rectangle cases filled with humanoids, and an old sewing box filled with monsters, and a huge cupboard full of very large minis... um... and a bunch just perched everywhere

I guess what I mean to say is I appreciate all these suggestions because the first thing anyone asks when I say I have almost 8 lbs of miniatures coming in the mail is "where will you put them?" and the answer is

OMG OMG I HAVE NO IDEA.

(Also I have this massive wooden display thingy that I use as a GM screen and it is also filled with minis. And I have a paper bag filled with them on shelf in the hallway... and and... I have a miniature problem!)

Edited by cycnet
  • Like 6

If you live near a Michael's, check out the Darice / Darcy 17-compartment bead boxes. Cheap, stackable, soft plastic, and you can use a coupon on them. 

Bones miniatures are pretty durable after being painted. You can use some cotton, bubble wrap, foam, napkin, etc. to further protect the miniature.

• Like 1

I use two of those 6 drawer wheeled plastic thingys they sell everywhere.  I keep my Unpainted Bones 1 stuff in there, except for the really big stuff, which sits on a shelf on my basement painting desk with a bunch of other unpainted big stuff.  I should have room to add all the new Bones goodness, except form the really big stuff.  That shelf is pretty full already.

My painted Bones go on the shelf on the study with all my other painted stuff, or on the diorama shelf if that's what it is.  I need to allocate another shelf or two in the study for painted figs, if I can get them cleared off....

• Like 2

I use two of those 6 drawer wheeled plastic thingys they sell everywhere.  I keep my Unpainted Bones 1 stuff in there, except for the really big stuff, which sits on a shelf on my parents basement painting desk with a bunch of other unpainted big stuff.  I should have room to add all the new Bones goodness, except form the really big stuff.  That shelf is pretty full already.

My painted Bones go on the shelf on the study with all my other painted stuff, or on the diorama shelf if that's what it is.  I need to allocate another shelf or two in the study for painted figs, if I can get them cleared off....

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up... ;p

I use two of those 6 drawer wheeled plastic thingys they sell everywhere. I keep my Unpainted Bones 1 stuff in there, except for the really big stuff, which sits on a shelf on my basement painting desk with a bunch of other unpainted big stuff. I should have room to add all the new Bones goodness, except form the really big stuff. That shelf is pretty full already.

My painted Bones go on the shelf on the study with all my other painted stuff, or on the diorama shelf if that's what it is. I need to allocate another shelf or two in the study for painted figs, if I can get them cleared off....

I'm a big fan of things with drawers. It's much easier to get at things than sort through stacks and stacks of trays. I haven't gotten any for the painted bones but I likely will need to here soon. The painted ones are starting to overwhelm my ability to display them. :lol: which is a good thing.

• Like 2

I use two of those 6 drawer wheeled plastic thingys they sell everywhere.  I keep my Unpainted Bones 1 stuff in there, except for the really big stuff, which sits on a shelf on my parents basement painting desk with a bunch of other unpainted big stuff.  I should have room to add all the new Bones goodness, except form the really big stuff.  That shelf is pretty full already.

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up... ;p

Just cause I'm not an old man like you  ::P: (happy recent birthday btw)  doesn't mean I live with my folks...besides, the ceiling in their basement is much too low....

Far more likely would be my wife's parents moving in with us in a couple of years.... :wacko:

• Like 2

All my unpainted miniatures are stored in boxes and crates on two 6'X4'X18" industrial steel shelves in my work shop.  Painted figs are on display in two 6'X3'X10" camera display cases I got for free when the local Source stores (think Radio Shack) switched out their fixtures.  They each have a built in light, ten adjustable glass shelves, and two sliding glass doors.  All I had to do was repaint the exteriors to match my decor.

The Egg

• Like 5

All my unpainted miniatures are stored in boxes and crates on two 6'X4'X18" industrial steel shelves in my work shop.  Painted figs are on display in two 6'X3'X10" camera display cases I got for free when the local Source stores (think Radio Shack) switched out their fixtures.  They each have a built in light, ten adjustable glass shelves, and two sliding glass doors.  All I had to do was repaint the exteriors to match my decor.

The Egg

Those display shelves sound amazing.

This is holding the Core Set, Expansion 2, plus some add-ons. The only Bones 2 models left out are the Chimera and The Land-Shark.

What box/boxes is that? I can't tell if it's one or two.
It is a single box with two levels. Shown in its unfolded position. The brand escapes me, however....

E2A:

655BB6BD-5706-4FAC-8965-769ACA348C26_zps

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5