Bones storage, big and small

spade413

Just cause I'm not an old man like you  ::P: (happy recent birthday btw)  doesn't mean I live with my folks...besides, the ceiling in their basement is much too low....

Low basement ceilings are no obstacle to the hobbitually inclined.

• Like 9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested Mantis has launched his new KS. Foam trays in a fancy cardboard box.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-creations-storage-for-zombies

£27 per case + up to £22 for shipping. The single Horde case could store 144-300 standard size minis depending on the config chosen.

Those who have theirs from the first KS report being happy with them, I can't vouch for them as still waiting on mine. :-(

Are those Mantis boxes cardboard?! If so, SOLD!

Yes, fancy cardboard box with a wide range of foam inserts to choose from.

I believe he's looking at cardboard alternatives - I didn't pay too much attention that that conversation.

Mantis is a one-man start-up operating from his garage and rented space and struggling with delivering his first KS on his own while coping with life and work to pay the bills (commas removed from that sentence - solidarity!). He is intending to offer the cases for sale online and is even mad enough to be considering another KS.

Good on him and good luck, I hope he makes it work and I encourage you to support him with your business. But fair warning not to expect the Reaper-level-customer-service-awesomeness yet.

His web page (mantiscreations.com) is just about KS fulfilment but he has a twitter page which gets occasional love

twitter.com/MantisCreation

I can't comment on the quality of the cases as I'm still awaiting mine. His KS is only 5 months late so far, barely even worth mentioning. :-)

For anyone interested Mantis has launched his new KS. Foam trays in a fancy cardboard box.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-creations-storage-for-zombies

£27 per case + up to £22 for shipping. The single Horde case could store 144-300 standard size minis depending on the config chosen.

Those who have theirs from the first KS report being happy with them, I can't vouch for them as still waiting on mine. :-(

I'll vouch.  I received mine and they are excellent quality.

• Like 1

I have 4 low translucent white IKEA bins filled with fantasy minis split up by monster type and some baggies.  I need to figure out a bit more specific system as of now the undead are mixing with the constructs with the planar types.  The day of reconning will come, but it is not this day!

My plan is to buy grey foam bulk (they have multiple websites out there), in two thicknesses. Cut them custom, and stack them into cheap banker's boxes. Since bones are light, the box is light, and the foam is light, these should work out.

• Like 2

I actually use these pluck foam trays made by GamePlus, they have a semi rigid base and come in many sizes not to mention all the sizes are the same price, around $8 each.  You can grab them at Miniature Market and although you can buy one of their cases, the inserts perfectly fit in either a 'long box' cardboard comic box or a smaller comic box which is what I use.

For everyone that didn't hear my podcast, or anyone who wants an update on how the organization is going...

I have several Mastercraft 60 drawer parts drawers with Labels on the front of them for the minis I have sealed.

I have some Plano Clear tackle boxes and some dollar store red and grey boxes with snap lids and clear tops for what I have not painted.

Three more large cardboard boxes that have bags that are unsorted from Bones II yet.

And a few small trays that have the "These go first" minis in my painting queue.

I paint enough that I have a queue now. :\

In total, probably a nice round 20 containers full of bones and a few WOTC minis.

I regret nothing.

• Like 2

Google this:

Plano Protector Series Four Pistol Case

About $12 (at a giant Brick & Mortar retailer... you know who it is).

It's a fantastic case for the money (and has a layer of pick-and-pluck foam).

You're welcome :)

A Cabela's just opened in my town. I bet I can get these cases by the case.

• Like 3