wax_eagle

89030: Hellknight Order of the Nail - Bones II

This is the first completed mini I'm sharing. I didn't do a WIP on him because he came together relatively quickly, and I've been painting a fair amount so I forgot to take pictures of him. Will work on doing better and doing WIPs for my other Bones II work. 

I decided that this guy would be one of my first since I ended up with 2 of him in my Core and I figured it would be good to practice on something I had 2 of (and soon 3 when our other Core set gets here). Anyways, I did a bugbear that's not worth showing first, and have a walking brain (Intellect Devourer) about 90% complete. Will be time to start something new soon.

Front:

ahYKcIDl.jpg

Back:

W64O9R4l.jpg

Left

iLFRucwl.jpg

Right

BBYPqsQl.jpg

• Like 21

Looks good. Though i will admit, when i think hellknight yellow isn't the first color that pops into my mind. What made you chose that?

It was equal parts pragmatism and experimentation. I needed a color for the sword handle and thought a yellow would look like a nice contrast to the breast plate and helmet combo in nightmare black. After that I sort of went wile a bit with the helmet and shield. It is a bit odd for a hell knight, but seems like it might suit an evil paladin.

Still mostly playing around with things.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Your basic normal-sized wolf:

And Black Panther.

Alas, the fangs I painstakingly painted in do not show up in the photo.

Wolf animal companion
      Big cat animal companion
      From the 77216 Animal Companions pack

Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Unknown Sculptor(s), although the wolf makes me think Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      25x50mm oval 3D printed lipped bases
      available from reapermini.com

• By BananeDC
      Here is my Kanjira. The pose of the monster made me think it could be a good idea too make it emerge through the Trees. A vision of Knightmare, for sure.

• By EvilJames
      Also did a quick speed paint of two statues. Not sure were the other column is at the moment, but this one was out while I was painting the angel of death so it got paint too.

She fit very snuggly into that base. I'm debating whether or not she'll stay in it.

The pair. Also the angel without the base.
    • By Auberon
      My partner this time around was Clearman.  He requested a heroic character painted heroically, and nothing says heroic quite like the word "Hellknight."  Of course, I haven't actually played the adventure(s) that Pathfinder Hellknights appear in so maybe they are cuddly people.  We'll say she just finished up a heroic day of undead slaying.

Metals are TMM, which my camera hates, but I think I managed to get a few decent shots.  For something different I painted the base using pigments rather than hobby paints. I used the wet method of applying them and the color shift is huge, so I wasn't sure how they would come out until they dried.  Of course you can be intentionally sloppy because any pigments on the mini's boots just help "tie the figure to its base." I freehanded some wood grain onto the shaft of the weapon just to add some interest to the boring space.

• By Evilhalfling
      the first figure I started after alfanso's NMM workshop 
      The NMM just looked dull so I decided on full Earth and sky reflective armor.
      then realized that metal in shadow is less reflective, and turned half barck to regular NMM. 
      not quite satisfied with the sword it needs better blending now that I look at the detailed pictures. yes i will go back and fix it,. 

• Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 287 Guests (See full list)