Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

Blacktongue, Gnoll Ranger: 03190

Great job. I especially like his fur coloration looks very natural. I also like how you painted the cobblestone base very striking. An all over good mini.

• Like 1

I love the variation in his fur colors. So many people (myself included) would paint it one color, wash it, drybrush it and call it a day. Very striking fur.

• Like 2

I love the variation in his fur colors. So many people (myself included) would paint it one color, wash it, drybrush it and call it a day. Very striking fur.

That was the idea; I looked up pictures of wolves and attempted to copy the pattern. There is a combination of techniques: Wet blending, Dry brushing, washing, dry brushing again, glazing then touch up dry brushing. Thank you for noticing.

• Like 1

Wow arc this is in readable the fur especially stands out ;)

• Like 1

Wow arc this is in readable the fur especially stands out ;)

Thank you Limey,

The Fur was fun to learn! I plan on doing more work with fur in the future. I plan on Putting the story together and adding a epilogue and Prologue.

The Big Furry Fellow painted up in an OUTSTANDING fashion...GREAT brushwork & a FINE eye for colors. AND you did an IMPRESSIVE job on the attached base. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Here is the next figure on the list.
      Callie.  I think it’s funny that episode 1 was Cassie, and right next to her is a figure with almost the same name.

She had had a weird straight warp to the lower part of her bow.  I boiled that out.  It has stayed in the corrected position for a month now.

This is after Brown Liner.  It looks like an arrow coming out of the quiver, but strange it has no fletching....From the front, maybe a finger?
    • By 72moonglum
      So I finished this one two nights ago, didn't get around to taking his photo yesterday because I got home too late last night and it was just too dark to take advantage of natural light.

Here is another Julie Guthrie Ral Partha classic from the eighties a hooded fighter/warrior/ranger with sword and shield.  Being he was originally listed in the eighties as a ranger:

I wanted to give greens and browns, but nowadays being he is just being called a hooded fighter, I still wanted to keep some natural colors but ended up giving him some non-rangery colors on his shield:

Also his inner cloak I used the same colors and painted at the same time as the female archer I just finished (her green gloves).  

Anyhows, hope you enjoy another classic figure from the past!  Julie Guthrie was great back then and she's even greater now!
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      Just finished this one up last night and got pictures taken this afternoon.  This one is an old school Julie Guthrie model from her Ral Partha All Things Dark and Dangerous days. Can't say if it was originally just an archer or a ranger, but she's definitely an archer and it doesn't take much imagination to make her a ranger as well.   As always, colors gave me fits, but with the thought she was a ranger, I wanted mostly greens and browns, with some pops of colors (like her lavender money bag and her red sword hilts).  The hardest choice on this lovely lady was the color choice for her gloves. I finally gave up and painted her with a light green (the same green that I'm using for the interior of a cloak on my next figure).  So anyway, I took a bunch of angles of her, hope you like her! 
    • By stormbreach
      Hi guys, back again after a long absence... again.  I took a very long time to paint something that was supposed to be a speed paint.  I was painting a Bones Finari and wasn't happy with the cast so I was just trying to get her done quick to get her off the shelf but then everything went wrong with the paint job and I stalled out for a long time.  I'm not posting her because I wasn't happy but I've finally moved on.  This is my Gnoll Warrior.  I kind of like him.  He is part of my new strategy to just paint and get used to the motions and not try to be perfect all the time.  Trying to be perfect puts more minis on shelves of shame instead of in display cabinets.  I thought his mane looked a lot like a mohawk so I decided that maybe he would dye it in the colours of his tribe or clan or war party or whatever.  I thought it was neat.  If I did it again I would maybe use more muted colours but this first time I was afraid maybe muted colours would fade out and go unnoticed.  I was happy with the eye and jaws on his right side but not his left (which is why there are no good pictures of his left side ).  But here he is, he's imperfect and I'm happy with him!  Comments are welcome as always!

• By Pochi
      I have very fond memories of gnolls from playing World of Warcraft. I don't know why I enjoyed them so much but I did. So when I pulled out these gnolls to paint, I knew I was going to paint them like World of Warcraft gnolls. This is the Bones Blacktongue gnoll.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)