Talae

Bronze Bull and Chibi Clockwork Pony

I wasn't great about taking a bunch of pics along the way so far, but here are what I have:

Both minis got a soap bath with warm water, Dawn dish soap, and a good scrub with a toothbrush. Once dry, I primed the pony with Reaper's Brush on Primer - which I had to scrub off with soap and reprime three or four times before it would not bead up. Then they both got a coat of Brown Liner:

15%2B-%2B3.jpg

15%2B-%2B2.jpg

As you can see, I picked out a 30mm base for the pony. I haven't dug through my bases yet for the bull.

I then hit them with a blotchy coat of Ancient Bronze, then Lava Orange, and then Bloodstain Red.

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

Edited by Talae
  • Like 22

I am trying to post more things to my G+ feed so I can repost here, but I am struggling getting image links that the forum will use. Any tips? All solved now. Thanks!

Edited by Talae
  • Like 2

I am trying to post more things to my G+ feed so I can repost here, but I am struggling getting image links that the forum will use. Any tips?

What I do is go to the pic in my album, click on it to open it, right click "open image in new tab" then copy the URL and paste that URL into the Forum via the "Image Link" (little green box on the tools area above the text area here). Just have to make sure that it ends in .jpg and it'll work fine on the forum itself. Or I'll download from google to my PC and just go to "more reply options" and make it an attachment.

• Like 2

I am trying to post more things to my G+ feed so I can repost here, but I am struggling getting image links that the forum will use. Any tips?

What I do is go to the pic in my album, click on it to open it, right click "open image in new tab" then copy the URL and paste that URL into the Forum via the "Image Link" (little green box on the tools area above the text area here). Just have to make sure that it ends in .jpg and it'll work fine on the forum itself. Or I'll download from google to my PC and just go to "more reply options" and make it an attachment.

I tried that and was not having luck with the links coming with jpg at the end. Your post gave me the idea to try and add it manually, and it worked!

*edited first post with spoilers and embedded images.

• Like 2

My wife says that the pony needs terminator eyes. Looks like black with red dots is likely for the future of that one.

As for the bull, it won't fit on a 2" round base and I only have one 2" square base (that doesn't really fit thematically). I may just leave it alone for now.

• Like 3

I got a flat wooden disc from michael's for mine. it fits nicely.

Yours inspired me to paint this one first. Not sure on going with a larger round base, though. I use my minis for gaming on a 1" grid (and this will likely be used as a gorgon). I do have a square 2" dungeon floor base from the Reaper Swag Bag, but I am torn on using it or not.
  • Like 3

I host almost all my images on my Google +.  It's the only thing i use it for!  :lol:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now