Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games (KS #6)

ub3r_n3rd

@The Gibbergeist - No problem!  ::D:

UPDATE!!

Update #10 

Feb 26 2015

Update # 9 Helsrider too big for the mount........rethinking.

Hey everybody!,

OK, I have the morning update for you all here. I have made more progress with the HelsRider but I am now thinking that this horse is just too small for the rider. Especially once all the layers are added. the horse is not a total loss though as I can still use it for the Aelfar or Aenglish Cav. This does mean though that I am going to have to start all over again on the horse. Fortunately i DO have a few larger armatures made that I think will work perfectly So it won;t take too long to get back to this same pint with the horse, but it will set me back at least 2 days on the project. So now I am wondering what to do with the campaign as I do not want to stall the entire project waiting to get the helsrider back to a showable state. I am thinking of rearranging the Stretch goals to unlock the Jotunn and maybe one of the previously teased helsvakt heroes as add-ons.

What do you guys think? keep the stretch goal order where it is or adjust to unlock options and get the helsrider in next?

Here is the helsrider thus far though so you guys can see what I am talking about.

cheers!

tre'

5a37250d7ed97fb4eae65c656c085fe7_origina

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal opinion is to unlock the Jotunn and then the hero(es) that have been teased before the rider/mount since having to start over with the mount puts it back 2 days. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I posted in the KS comments; if others dissent and my own vision is the problem then I apologize:

The rider himself seems to be oddly proportioned to me. I was looking at the other elites and the rider actually seems more portly proportioned like a Jotunn as compared to one of his brethren. I get that the rider is some sort of champion of his kind, but a champion among his kind shouldn't mean he's necessarily larger in size like a Jotunn, just that he's more dangerous overall because he fights so well from horseback. I love the horse; I feel like the rider is the problem.

Tre just sculpted the hell out of that Jotunn, who looks amazing. To me, the rider appears to have roughly the same build and is more portly. I look at that rider and I see a Jotunn on horseback; not a Helsrider.

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 2

My response:

Yeah, I'm also much more into the Jotunn (will purchase multiples) of the figure(s). I think the horse is a bit too small rather than the rider. We know that Tre does proportions for the normal sized figures around the same size for the muscular ones such as this, so making him smaller would probably make him smaller than his brethren. This wouldn't make sense to me to do, a bigger horse is my vote. 

• Like 1

Either way, Tre, check out our GROUP progress on some of your pieces!!! Hopefully you're inspired to see your fans loving your work. Miss Melons is working on Magda, and Willen is working on a modified version of a barbarian. I just started on three more of your figures on page 10. 

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58999-groupopen-rbg-ks-trebeard-figures/page-8

Page 8 has "finished" versions of Reyviande and Bad Betty, page 9 has Red Meghan. I use the term "finished" lightly as those pics are with my iPhone and they aren't in the diorama I have planned.

• Like 2

I'm OK with the size of the rider, but his legs look out of proportion to his torso and arms to me. Is it just an illusion because of his pose on the horse?

(The length looks OK, based on the middle picture, but it seems like his upper arms are as big around as his thighs.)

Edited by klarg1

I'm OK with the size of the rider, but his legs look out of proportion to his torso and arms to me. Is it just an illusion because of his pose on the horse?

It's the right leg that looks short/stubby because of the armor on the upper thigh, the left leg looks great though.