Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games (KS #6)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm, has not been a good day.

I think I'll be moving down, honestly, because what I want looks like it won't work out with the Vanguard pledge. I refuse to do this until we're solidly over that 18k mark, though.

Hrm, has not been a good day.

I think I'll be moving down, honestly, because what I want looks like it won't work out with the Vanguard pledge. I refuse to do this until we're solidly over that 18k mark, though.

It sure hasn't. 

Don't worry about that. Less than an hour into the day and somebody already took care of lowering their pledge by $90. (_   _ )o 

Jason mentioned in the comments that:  

the main page has had an armature as the main sculpt for 2 weeks now effectively stopping this KS in its tracks.

I think he's onto something. The first thing visitors see is a is an unfinished horse with an almost shapeless rider. That isn't going to compel visitors to look around the project or click the pledge button. People expect the best products in a project to be front and center. It couldn't hurt to give the page a face lift with all of Tyr's best new work right at the top. I wasn't interested in the project at all from the KS page. The updated pictures in this thread is what got me to pledge. 

• Like 4

I noticed some comments about the anatomy on the KS.

I think everything looks awesome.

Just keep moving along and having fun with it.

The helsmaidens legs are freaking badass and one of my fav parts.

They are a fantasy race of awesomeness!

I am sure if we all sat with an anatomy book and some pics of bodybuilders we could find something to alter if we wanted (hobbyists are a bunch of nit picky people-myself included), but I would just like to see more stuff you are working on, not done items being altered or tweaked.

• Like 5

The helsmaidens legs are freaking badass and one of my fav parts.

I am sure if we all sat with an anatomy book and some pics of bodybuilders we could find something to alter if we wanted (hobbyists are a bunch of nit picky people-myself included), but I would just like to see more stuff you are working on, not done items being altered or tweaked.

Agreed!

• Like 1

The helsmaidens legs are freaking badass and one of my fav parts.

QFT! I tried to explain to the guy that most people don't want strict anatomical reality in fantasy hordes, or art. That's like saying that we shouldn't have wizards with fire coming out of their hands because they would get burned. I will say that the Helsmaidens did look a bit odd before I looked at them long enough and the armor was added. Now I think their muscles are their best feature, other than their absolutely killer posing. 

Tre explains the style choice on the main page beautifully.

AESTHETICS

The Helsvakt like the Njorn are a special breed of human. They are superhumanly strong and tough by their exposure to the magics of the Sorceress Hel. This is reflected in their stature and physical heft / girth. They are slightly taller than normal humans ( between 35 and 38 mm tall unposed ) and thicker as well. their proportions are still measured by the same rubric but the overall effect is slightly comic book like.

What I take away from this is... I need to start reading the comic books he's been buying!  :lol:

Edited because I still don't have the brains to do quotes right the first time. 
Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 5

The only way you'll be able to kick butt, is if you have thighs that are thick enough to touch together*. So I say Hels' yeah Helsmadians.

But I want some strict anatomical reality if the berserkers are made naked. nudge nudge, wink wink, a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

But I think not completely naked is more creepy. Like naked w/ sword belts and knives and such, but will all the jiggly bits to put the enemy at a disadvantage. 

*It's a thing, some girls worry about being skinny enough that their inner thighs don't touch together when standing straight up. 

• Like 6