Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games (KS #6)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I'll give it until there's a day or so left.  I may drop down a level and just get some add-ons.

I'm still at $100, but with what is currently unlocked I can easily go to $120-$150. I'm trying to be good as I haven't painted up any RBG figures (to completion) from the previous kickstarter yet. I'm planning on doing some cherry picking very soon though, I'll definitely be upping my pledge as other things unlock. 

Really was hoping to see Tre's "Conan" hero pop up in this kickstarter, but it looks like it may be a different kickstarter later on.

• Like 2

Lets see. I'm "needing":

$  8 Chosen solo (#5)

$  8 Chosen solo (probably #2)

$  9 Helsmaiden (the dual-wielder; those are going to be two weapons, right?)

$  8 Hordesman Hero

$18 Jotunn

$20 Mounted Champ

$40 Berserkers (Rank 1 pledge)*

*probably

$111. Close to just getting the Vanguard pledge. Not as good a deal, but the heart wants what the heart etc.

Don't think we'll get to the Craven, but they're maybes, too, so this could climb some. Or I could go for all the Chosen. I don't know. We'll see.

• Like 1

So if we hit $30,000 we will unlock the 4th themed set in this campaign, is that correct?

Well, with me and my vangaurd pledge, I certainly hope we hit $30,000. Because as much as I like them, I don't know if I need 2 sets of Helsmadeins. 

• Like 4

This is what I'm currently looking at getting

PLEDGED AMOUNT

Helsmaiden Rank 1 $40.00

Jotunn #1                 $18.00

Jotunn #2                 $18.00

Hordesman Hero       $8.00                                                

Total Pledge          $120.00

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

But I guess I could go for Helsmadiens, Beserkers, Helsmadien Champion, & Jotun. 

The craven B have 3 female models... so I will have to see....

Jotunn aren't a themed set or part of a themed set though, they are only add-ons. 

Speaking of which, I really can't wait to see the 2nd one he's working on!

Edit:

A FYI to everyone - Tre addressed (in the comments section) that people can add on $10 to their Solo pledge level if they want to buy a Jotunn. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

PLEDGED AMOUNT

Helsmaiden Rank 1 $40.00

Hordesman Hero       $8.00                                                

Total Pledge          $120.00

Jotunn #2 isn't announced, uber.  All the way through 40k it isn't.

I'll likely drop my Blood Rage pledge down to $25 for the book and snag the helsmaidens and hero this time around. Budget is super tight this time, but I also have a ton of Helsvakt from KS1. Also the only reason I'm hesitant on the Jotunn, he's awesome but a couple of the larger Warp Form dudes from KS1 are filling the 'big bare chested dude' role currently.

But I'd /really/ like to paint one of those Jotuns in the intended fire giant theme. Love me some fire giants and haven't really been into a sculpt for one since Ral Partha's. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3667682/Minis/Misc/MILP/MILP_FireGiant.JPG(I should strip and paint him!)

• Like 5

PLEDGED AMOUNT

Helsmaiden Rank 1 $40.00

Jotunn #1 $18.00

Jotunn #1 $18.00

Jotunn #2 $18.00

Jotunn #2 $18.00

Hordesman Hero $8.00

Total Pledge $120.00

Jotunn #2 isn't announced, uber. All the way through 40k it isn't.

He said he's working on it right now. This is just my personal spreadsheet and what I'm ideally getting (at minimum). :P

I figured mine out thusly after we crashed last night:

$40 Chosen

$35 berserkers

$20 mounted champ

$18 Jotunn

$  8 hero

$  8 helsmaiden solo

Building off the Rank 1 pledge and hoping we unlock the berserkers and champ. Comes up to $3 more than the Vanguard pledge, isn't as good a deal, but the set options just aren't shining for me. If we reach the craven (I'm still doubtful, unfortunately; just a long way to go), maybe.

Things I think, given the way this has played out, would've been/could be beneficial to driving up the pledges:

1. Add a second Jotunn, make the two of them a set. Dollar savings makes people feel fuzzy, lets them plug the two into a Vanguard pledge, increases their incentive to add moar sets. Seems doable.

2. If both champs unlock, make them a set. Don't know if it'd work, but it certainly seems in the ballpark. $40 for the two together, like five solos are $40 with the dudes and dudettes. Could they discount the same as a set? Even if it was just for Vanguard purposes, or something.

Then if we hit 25k, we're looking at possible sets of Chosen, Helsmaidens, berserkers, Jotunns (provided a second was popped in), and champs.

Again, I don't know the math involved on those champs, but t'would be pretty neat from this consumer's perspective. There'd be my four sets (all but maidens), with the hero and a helsmaiden added atop. Bam. :lol:

• Like 2

It's always difficult to time Kickstarters in a niche market where you risk going up against other Kickstarters, in one way or another, for a "smallish" group of people's money.

This one hit the fulfilment of Reaper's own Bones II and is seeing heavy competition in some ways from Blood Rage. And Raging Heroes are gearing up for the launch of another huge KS in less than two weeks (which some might be saving money for).

I'm still hopeful for a last wave influx of backers and upped pledges, though. Yes, it's unlikely we'll get to $30k for a full "regular" Vanguard pledge, but it's not impossible!

I'll be getting one of everything, so the more that gets unlocked the more I can contribute towards that happening. :poke:

• Like 1