Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games (KS #6)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord the bank reversed the fraud charges I had, then reapplied them. Wtf. 

Will have to raise heck on Monday.

At least this ends the day after I get paid...

Increased pledge. In for the helsmaidens set, 3 of the chosen  and then the hordesman hero.

• Like 1

It doesn't look like the project added any net backers in about 9 days. I still think that putting the least finished minis right at the top of the project page looks bad. We have a group of naked and headless barbarians right at the top. Previous backers definitely understand the WIP nature of Tre's work. Not sure new backers are as understanding. 

Yeah, this KS sort of seemed to hit $18k and just kind of stagnate there. Maybe other KS's took the focus away this month? This KS did seem to lack the gusto of the last one a bit and I'm not sure why. Either way, I'll adjust my pledge accordingly as the deadline looms.

Tre, if the champs and maidens end up being the only unlocked themed sets, would you consider letting individuals select themed sets from prior KS's to get some different figs in the Vanguard pledge level? I just don't see myself needing x2 sets of both the two unlocked themed sets.

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 1

We're currently about 111 backers below the average total backers for the last 4 RBG Kickstarters. I haven't gone into each one to see how many each had at this specific time in the KS, but that's still seems quite low.

Edited by GentleGiant

I blame Conan and Blood Rage as they are similar barbarian/Viking genre. I also think that we will see a good sized surge the last few days, Tre's KS's usually do once the reminders go out and people see the completed figures. It may not hit $40k, but I could see it do $24-$28k pretty easy.

Mar 17 2015

Update # 18...The big gamble....Slight re-shuffle of stretch goals and Male AND Female Mounted Champions are unlocked as solo add ons

Hey everybody,

Well, we have had quite a roller-coaster rider these past few days. I am sure many of you have noticed that the total number of backers and total funding funding level has yo-yo'ed quite a bit. What you may not know is just by how much the funding has fluctuated. In just the past 4 days we have lost $2835.00 in pledges. I think that is a direct result of the stretch goal re-shuffle and is entirely my own fault. So I am going to " unlock " the Champs. The Helsriders were a big priority for me in this campaign and I don't think I will get the chance to fund them again for quite a while so I want to be sure I make the most of this campaign while I can.

It is my hope that this will draw a lot of pledgers back to the campaign and will pay off in the long term better than maintaining my margins will now. It worked in the previous campaign and I imagine it will work again in this campaign as well. This does mean a slight reshuffle of stretch goals has to happen in order to accommodate the costs involved but I think it is worth while. I am going to match the costs of production out of pocket ( so-to-speak ) so that we can call the Helsrider funded without moving the berserkers funding.

So as of now the Helsrider Champions Male AND Female are considered unlocked for selection as a solo add-on for $20 each and the funding level need to unlock the Berserkers is unchanged. After the Berserkers the Craven will be the next funding goal at $27,000.00 followed by the Chosen Command group as add-ons at $30,000.00

I will be posting the updated Berserkers AND Helsrider later today along with a scale comparison shot for those who are unfamiliar with RBG scale.

Thanks everybody fro hanging in with me on this one! I know there are a lot of other very tempting products coming up on the market so I am very honoured by your enthusiasm for RBG!

Cheers!

Tre'

• Like 1

Looks like I need to go look closer at what I am currently pledging for and see if there is room in the budget for the new unlocks...

I'm in the same boat. Very happy that the blood rage one didn't break the bank so that I could pledge a bit more here.

• Like 1

I wonder if, as people support the KS and see the scale difference, if they return to the fold? I was down for the last one on the strength of Tre's offerings because I didn't have a lot of bandits but other people have a lot of options for figures of this type (barbarians/chaos) and it might be an issue.

I wonder for example, if people have Tre's Reaper stuff and see it next to his own Red Box if they prefer the Reaper? It's one of the reasons this time around I was looking for Jotuns and war hounds as opposed to more barbarians. Scale isn't the only issue in my army as I have stuff from all over the place but it is one of the minor ones.

I wonder if, as people support the KS and see the scale difference, if they return to the fold? I was down for the last one on the strength of Tre's offerings because I didn't have a lot of bandits but other people have a lot of options for figures of this type (barbarians/chaos) and it might be an issue.

I wonder for example, if people have Tre's Reaper stuff and see it next to his own Red Box if they prefer the Reaper? It's one of the reasons this time around I was looking for Jotuns and war hounds as opposed to more barbarians. Scale isn't the only issue in my army as I have stuff from all over the place but it is one of the minor ones.

These are actually BIGGER than his normal stuff, I believe he said 32-35mm in height for them.