Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games (KS #6)

ub3r_n3rd

The only real market data is what people buy, how much of it, and at what price. That is the real market data: money. I don't want to sound cynical, but people open their mouths a lot faster than their wallets, and what comes out is very often worth a lot less. (Some of it will grow your mind, or heart, or soul, but most of it only grows really lush vegetables, and not much at all grows your business  ;)   )

True!

But Tre has run several Kickstarters so he HAS real data.

He has real custom contact information.

From PROVEN customers.

And let me say, I'm not saying a good marketing strategy is cheap, easy, or heck, even worth his time. He can only do so much on his own after all.

But I'm a guy who sees where maybe things could be smoother for him.

Heck, I bet people would buy a PDF art book of all the concept art that's been done so far.

And while I suspect funding wouldn't allow it at this time, having professionally painted minis in his shop wouldn't hurt either. That's also part of the dreaded 'marketing' Now mind you, there are some there already and Tre might be able to use sales of the 'aftermarket' parts to see if the painted versions have any bump in sales when they get painted, or if they regularly sell more. A lot of that depends on how much bump he gets to the shop after the KS are finished and the material hits the shop and the people who didn't back, for whatever reason at the time, are able to make their purchases.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does need to update the shop, since a few folks have agreed to let him use painted examples *cough*

'Professional'....hey, do I get paid? :p

This. After he's done with the kickstarter though. I mean you and Adrift and quite a few others can send him pictures of your painted RBG stuff and he can put it up for free. Thank you in sculpting more Trebeard awesomeness.

• Like 2

I think a lot of us thought the KS should ahve made more money, even against Blood Rage, and are just trying to think of any reason to get more people on board.

I for one am glad I have finally been introduced to the world of RBG and Tre. I look forward to getting my babebarians and giving them corpsepaint. Realism ftw. ;)

• Like 6

As much as I want to knock stretch goals out of the park, I also like Tre running relatively small Kickstarters frequently. It means that I am always in a state of watching current Kickstarter, waiting amazingly short time to get my pledge compared to other Kickstarters, or waiting a short time for the next one to start.

• Like 3

Yes I really do need to invest more in marketing. I always intend to and then the money never quite stretches far enough. This is partly because I am on the upswing of a steep business depression ( which in all honesty started LONG before KS1 and is not entirely attributable to other people's mistakes ). I have recovered but the hole was so deep that I am still a little bit in " rehab " mode. I will get there though.

That is sort of the point of this KS. I am in a secure position but not secure enough to invest properly in peripheral business expenses. This KS shoudl help with that a little. I will have to take it a little bit at a time.

I REALLY appreciate yall's encouragement and enthusiasm.... I know I keep saying that but it is true. I try to be sure that I always learn any lessons to be had, so the next KS will be properly festooned with art begun well in advance of the KS.

Mounted HelsMaiden......WON'T be a mounted version of one of the current helsmaidens. She will be different.

• Like 7

If it makes you feel better, ub3r, you could buy an extra Jotunn for me. I would be willing to suffer through that.

I'm good, thanks for your concern! ::P:

The offer stands for any time in the future. In case you change your mind.
  • Like 1

If it makes you feel better, ub3r, you could buy an extra Jotunn for me. I would be willing to suffer through that.

I'm good, thanks for your concern! ::P:

The offer stands for any time in the future. In case you change your mind.

I'll definitely keep it in mind. I really do appreciate the offer. It's very selfless of you.  :poke:

Upped to $92 to included mounted helsmaiden.

Yay! She will be epic!

Tre, you need to update the main page with the mounted champion costs in the add-ons section.

And you still have the male helsrider as a 40k goal, which I think is now wrong?

No, that's the SECOND mounted male. This one is a Helsrider Champion the other is a HelsVakt Champion (currently unlocked).

I'm trying to get him to drop the 2nd mounted male and do the 2nd Jotunn there instead. <--- Added after edit  :poke:

Once funding surpasses the $40,000.00 mark the first of the planned Helsriders will be made available as an add-on selection. This set will include a new mounted male Helsvakt champion and a new Horse Mount which will be made to also be universally interchangeable as a mount for the first HelsVakt Champion and the HelsMaiden Champion as well. This set will also be cast in high quality white metal and be supplied with 1 50 mm round plastic base. To cover this option as a reward selection simply manage your pledge upward by $20.00 per Helsrider desired.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1