• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By Shadespyre
      From Bones Kickstarter 4 - I hope I got the code right as I can't find this guy on the Reaper website as yet. He came packed with a sabretooth which I didn't use for this project because AD&D giants keep dire wolves (of course!)

I think he might be my favourite member of the tribe? I was tempted to give him a more "huntery" weapon, but I guess a horn and a club is all he needs, and hill giants aren't known for their finesse or craftsmanship.

• By Shadespyre
      Two more members of my hill giant tribe, obviously the one on the left is the original. The one on the right has a totally seamless hair piece (!) and obviously a modified club based on one stolen from another giant. He also has a slightly more upright stance which required an extension of his furs and was probably more trouble than the effect is worth, to be honest.

• By Shadespyre
      Chief of my Hill Giant Tribe. I dipped his hand in hot water to form the fingers around the added rock. The strange off-centre position on his base is so he fits into his tribe better...

• By Shadespyre
      Nothing special, but I stood him on a rock so he overlooks the rest of the tribe...

• Who's Online   39 Members, 4 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)