LordJosh

77291: The Kraken - LordJosh's Kraken

So, I determined the first Bones 2 mini I would paint would be the Kraken, so far I've only had the chance to glue him up and put a base coat of dark grey on him, but I'll try to post more pics as I continue painting his Cephalopodishness.

post-12746-0-31000700-1424222362_thumb.jpg

Edited by LordJosh
  • Like 13

Cleaning up the few mold lines that stood out was accomplished with an exacto and a little tamiya putty white, that I've found works well with Bones.

Tentacles were dry fit, and then moved around until they felt right. Then a dab of superglue for each.

Cleaning up the few mold lines that stood out was accomplished with an exacto and a little tamiya putty white, that I've found works well with Bones.

Tentacles were dry fit, and then moved around until they felt right. Then a dab of superglue for each.

Since I couldn't see any mold lines, I wondered where they'd gone or if there just weren't any visible.  Fewer mold lines would be a great improvement on the Bones I models.

I like your color choices, by the way.

• Like 1

Since I couldn't see any mold lines, I wondered where they'd gone or if there just weren't any visible.  Fewer mold lines would be a great improvement on the Bones I models.

I like your color choices, by the way.

Thanks!  I am basing the colors off giant squid images, I'm hoping I can use some transparent paints to achieve a neat effect with the eyes, if I get it right, I'll post a close up...if I don't get it right, well, wide angle shots cover a lot of mistakes.

:)

Haven't had much time to touch my Kraken the past few days, but I did find time to get the eyes done.post-12746-0-70795200-1424555425_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

After the kiddo went to bed, I got some painting time.post-12746-0-75643500-1424574216_thumb.jpgpost-12746-0-62371300-1424574241_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

A couple minor tweaks to the beast itself, with more attention given to finishing the base nicely. I think I am done with it. :)

post-12746-0-24569300-1424829232_thumb.jpgpost-12746-0-00036700-1424829249_thumb.jpgpost-12746-0-56063000-1424829265_thumb.jpg

• Like 5