Khan-jira, the World Breaker

DocPiske

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your kind words.

For those that might be interested, I painted the eyes by first painting the eyeball orange, then a yellow dot in the center, then the black line for the pupil. I then painted over the entire eye with clear red, and immediately cleaned my brush in water and while it was still damp ran it horizontally across the eye; this both diluted the clear red and picked up some of the pigment, allowing the orange and yellow to lighten the red.

For those looking to assemble this monster, the right foot does not fit down on the base properly, and will require trimming the base; I still need to trim it some more. One of the legs (left I think) required substantial trimming of the interior material where it fit to the body to get it flush with the body.

I also did not glue the figure to the base for painting; it stands up very well without the base and that makes it much easier to access the entire figure. Be warned, this model is top heavy and will fall over backward when assembled to the base. I might have to add some weight to the underside of the base.

The overall value (lightness) of the figure is darker in person; the lights on my painting desk are rather bright and tend to wash out the colors. I always like the dark gray of Godzilla. This shot taken with the flash gives a better impression of the shade, but suffers from glare:

IMG_0276.jpg

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 7

Am I the only one who can't see Doc's pictures? All I see is that broken link symbol. It just appears to be this post - I can see other pics in the show off forum just fine.

It may be because it's hosted on photobucket and your firewall is blocking photobucket.

possibly, but it's doing it on both my work computers, my chromebook and my cel phone.

Am I the only one who can't see Doc's pictures? All I see is that broken link symbol. It just appears to be this post - I can see other pics in the show off forum just fine.

It may be because it's hosted on photobucket and your firewall is blocking photobucket.

possibly, but it's doing it on both my work computers, my chromebook and my cel phone.

I don't see it on my work PC, but I know that photobucket is nixed by my work's firewall. I just pulled it up on my iPhone and see the picture just fine though. So I'm assuming it's something on your end.

What a fantastically magical result from a relatively simple process!  Love the pop of the glowing red eye amidst the mostly monochrome mini, really gives it life.  This is a great benchmark, i look forward to seeing what others do, but this will be tough to beat!

Bonus point for the best commentary as the pics were presented... Reaper should hire you to do the adventures of Sir Forescale!