Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I'm going to start my Blightfang soon


She's going to be a blue water dragon XP 


So I put her on a Secret Weapon base that has coral like protrusions. I plan to greenstuff in coral and rocks similar to what i did to Coraldrax


She does need a bit of greenstuff on some of her seams




Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Underwater is certainly a specialty of yours.


Well that fin she has going down her back just screamed "WATER" to me heehee  ::P:


and I love blue dragons....and I have so many pretty blue colors...I can do so much variation on her, she's going to be GORGEOUS if she comes out how I'm imagining her

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked on her a lot, i'll take progress photos tomorrow when i have natural light to shoot by


but a bit of backstory..the dragon I'm painting her after is named Seraphina. Her father is a water dragon named Mesopalarthix, and she's very similar in coloring to him


I don't have a drawing of Seraphina, but I do have a work in progress painting of Mesopalarthix




She's not quite as aqua-green as he is, being more blue. Her fins are more like his body color.

If I had the skills, I'd sculpt the tail fin and the side tail fins onto her XD but i dont' think I have those skills

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had the skills, I'd sculpt the tail fin and the side tail fins onto her XD but i dont' think I have those skills

You can do it! You sculpted other things. ^__^


An alternative is to chop off fins from fish creatures and attach them on. ^__^

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually had the idea for Mesopalarthix to be a dragon mini...since I don't see many water dragon minis, with all the fins and stuff. This was before his design included the side tail fins and the more shark shaped tail fin


Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By lexomatic
      Blightfang in the Meadow - inspired by the children's book "A Lion In The Meadow." See the WIP here.
      A VERY brief altered retelling

      And now for the mini (Blightfang chases its tail):

      And some close ups to show the details and the flock (first time and I'm pretty proud of the results).

    • By lexomatic
      This is a really early placeholder, because I have inspiration pictures, and who knows if the  book will be lost when I'm ready. I need to find my dragon.
      I'm also inspired by (I think it was @Corporea  's chibi coco lion?)
      Would love any tips for preparation and how to deal with scales with my chosen pattern (paisley).

    • By wickedshifty
      My DM (and boyfriend) wanted this guy to be a white dragon...I obliged. Biggest project I’ve worked on so far and the only “white” project I’ve worked on so far. Love how he came out. I might base him at some point, but I was happy enough to bring him outside in the real snow for a photo shoot to start. 
      I dont know when or why we will we will face this dragon...
      but either way- I’m frightened...

    • By Crowley
      With my bride away on a work trip this week, I decided to try to squeeze in a kinda big project... and after dithering about what it should be, I settled on painting one of my many Bones dragons. 
      Blightfang was actually a main antagonist in a D&D campaign I ran a while back... so that's the one I decided to paint! 

      Tonight was spent scrubbing him down, after he'd spent the day soaking in soapy water. I partly glued him together, and then got painting with Green Liner. I'm only partly assembling him, so that I can more easily access the harder to reach spots. 

      Also the back legs don't fit well into the base he came with, so I'm thinking that I might need to make my own out of cork... And this was supposed to be a quick project... we'll see how I do. 

  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...