80037: Reaper Bones "Telephone Box"

And with this, the onslaught of painted TARDIS pictures begins!  I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot more of these as the weeks go by.

Cool idea using printed labels to get the signage looking good.  I couldn't imagine freehanding it.

...Just a few more weeks 'til I can buy one (or several) at retail.

• Like 1

Yeah, I read that in the Wikipedia article, too, hence why I mentioned that I might paint one red.  Yay, Wiki!  If I want to have a police box but not have players go, "Duh-huh, duh-huh, IZZA TAR-DIS!" then painting it red would be one way to go, even if the action isn't taking place in Glasgow (because my players, being Americans, aren't likely to notice).  ;)  

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

The labels are printed, and, alas, I miscalculated by a couple of millimeters or more in just about every dimension (either that, or I goofed up in my printer settings), so I will likely have to go back and try again with SMALLER labels

Do you still have the files for the labels? If not, I can make my own, but if the work is already done.... ;)

I just bought two. One as a test that will be the Bad Wolf version and another to hopefully do a good job and gift to a Whovian

Edited by Kersus
  • Like 2

Very cool. I've got this one about half painted...blue of course. Would you mind sharing where you found the images for the labels?

police-call-box-textures.png

Here you go.  You can paste this into a Word document a few times just to be sure.  The image should be somewhere around 1.473" wide.  

Why the duplication at different sizes?  Because I'm lousy at precise measurements and scale calculation, so I find it best to just scale a few a bit bigger or smaller than my estimate and cover the margin of error.  

Whenever I do something like this, I'll usually fill out a page in Photoshop with various signs, posters, caution stripes, police tape patterns, manhole cover images, computer screen displays, tiny newspapers, etc., and then print it for a sheet full of paper "bits" I can cut off to decorate bases and such for a while.  Since it's usually assorted images swiped from the internet, rather than original art, however, I can't very well share it for show 'n' tell, due to copyright concerns.

• Like 5