Sign in to follow this  
SGHawkins09

SGHawkins vs ReaperCon, Friends, and Fun

Alright, I did a little more blending and couldn't stop. So I think I might be done. I am very happy with her as it was my first conversion and I love how her hair turned out. Still not really happy with the skin tone especially as it looks a little chalky but I am not sure how to correct that at this time. Her eyes look dark as I did give her a little eyeshadow that looks good in person but blends with her brows in the pictures.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I included to picture from the store so you can see what I did.

post-13093-0-98371600-1426393349_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-26419100-1426393372_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-12845200-1426393394_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-34166300-1426393423_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-32494500-1426393450_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-27614800-1426393515.jpg

• Like 6

Do you have any reaper brush on sealer or matte medium?

Adding one of them to your paint (with a bit less water) will help with that chalkiness. It happens when the pigments separate too much (especially on lighter colored paints).

Btw: the blends look so great!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

I have both and will give one a try next time. Unfortunately with Tinley, I am afraid to mess anything up and make it worse. I am tempted to try but I will see how I feel about it tomorrow.

I have both and will give one a try next time. Unfortunately with Tinley, I am afraid to mess anything up and make it worse. I am tempted to try but I will see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Just a light coat of a bit thinned down brush on sealer. No paint will help as well. Just make sure to do dull coat after so it knocks down any shine. This will keep your paint job good and not mess up.

• Like 1

So I do not have any pictures of it as I am not sure if it would show well but since it was bugging me, I went and did some adjusting to her face. While doing so, I found a nice paint mix. I rarely mix paints but I was looking for something to use to shade her face and grabbed Redstone Highlight and added a drop of it to Fair Skin Shadow. I ended up with a really nice peach skin tone which was perfect as I was not really happy with her skin tone to begin with. So with some brush on sealer and some thining I was able to correct most of the chalkiness. Still not 100% gone but I am a lot happier with it now.

• Like 2

Tinley looks great, her hair and blends look wonderful. In the photos her eyeshadow does look a bit dark, if you are happy with it in hand I'd leave it alone, but if you want to lighten it a bit of skin tone glazed over it may help.

I would suggest you give her a bit darker lip since it looks more natural and with eyeshadow I would assume she would wear lipstick.

Also all that cloth are you going to add some freehand? I like your conversion and look forward to how you plan on basing her.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions Marsya, I appreciate the feedback. I have been flip-flopping on the idea of freehand the whole time I have been working on her. Freehand is not one of my string suits right now and I was not able to settle on what I wanted to do, so I decided to forgo it. I also like the simplicity of the dress as is and since she is going to be based in a garden scene, I thought a simple dress would be work.

• Like 2

Progress has been made on all of the things. Base coats are mostly done on Magda, the DS mini, and the Space Marine. As the Space Marine is a tabletop commission for a friend, I hope to finish him up tomorrow. Based on the wizard I just finished, I should be able to do it. I also have done a lot of work on Tinley's base. I made a wall of air dry clay, made a rose vine of green stuff, and added sand for the dirt. Next step will be to start painting it. The roses are a little big but they are the smallest I could do so we are going to call this Tinley's magic garden and assume she gives them special care. It took me a while to get the right technic down for making them but I am happy with them.

post-13093-0-69614000-1426819395_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-97142400-1426819420_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-37187800-1426819525_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-89797600-1426819937_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Nice sculpting! Corporea will be proud.

Thanks, I really tried to follow her rose tutorial and failed miserably. So I resorted to the way cake decorators do it by rolling a strip to create the center and then adding each petal individually. It was tedious and I am still surprised I was able to do it at such a small scale.

I was not able to finish the space marine today like I hoped but I did make a lot of progress on him. I got the first shading and highlighting done on red, started the skin, and finished the cloth. I cannot believe how good the white cloth turned out. I used a little of P3's mixing medium which left it glossy so I am hoping some dullcote will knock it down.

post-13093-0-90659300-1426915343_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-80620300-1426915359_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Major work has begun on Betty and I think I have her skin done. The eyes are also done and I need to clean up some area of the base coats before I can shade and highlight other areas. Her hair right now is purple but it is going to be red. I also started on her base, just need to do the steel grating. A lot of work has been done on the base for the DS miniature. The dirt is done but the wood and sandbags just have a base coat and wash on them. The voids are for some "secret" elements that I cannot put on until the painting is done, but I hope they will contribute to the alien planet look.

Any input would be appreciated.

post-13093-0-16234700-1427327844_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-36355900-1427327871_thumb.jpgpost-13093-0-70755700-1427327903_thumb.jpg

• Like 5