The Open Category at ReaperCon 2015

Heisler

I had a brief discussion with Michael Proctor (Clever Crow) about the Open Category while we were at Genghis Con. It is was worth pointing out to everyone that your display can include pictures of your in progress work. In fact for this category I would encourage it. While we are familiar enough with Reaper miniatures to confidently figure out conversion work there are a lot of miniatures out there that we aren't familiar with. If you have pictures of the stock model (even off the manufacturer's site) and what you converted it would be of tremendous help to the judges figuring how extensive and well done your conversion work actually is. Don't forget this is also the category for scratch sculpts, so if you have been sculpting bring it down and enter it!

• Like 6

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im debating this year...it only has one piece that's non reaper or not green stuff

I would highly recommend pictures if you are debating it. For one thing if you have done an awesome conversion job then we won't be able to tell its a conversion and pictures will really help us determine just how much work you went to and the difficulty pulling it off.

• Like 1

I had a brief discussion with Michael Proctor (Clever Crow) about the Open Category while we were at Genghis Con. It is was worth pointing out to everyone that your display can include pictures of your in progress work. In fact for this category I would encourage it. While we are familiar enough with Reaper miniatures to confidently figure out conversion work there are a lot of miniatures out there that we aren't familiar with. If you have pictures of the stock model (even off the manufacturer's site) and what you converted it would be of tremendous help to the judges figuring how extensive and well done your conversion work actually is. Don't forget this is also the category for scratch sculpts, so if you have been sculpting bring it down and enter it!

Do scratch sculpts need to be painted, or can you enter greens?

• Like 1

Do scratch sculpts need to be painted, or can you enter greens?

That's a good question. I may have to check back in with Michael on that but I don't see why reason why you couldn't enter the green without paintwork. I'm not sure how well it would do since painting is part of the scoring in that category as well. But, I'll check and see how we want to handle that.

• Like 1