CAV: SO Friday Feature [2/20/2015]

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

Welcome the Friday Feature for 20 February, 2015!

First up, the CAV: Strike Operations Quick-Start Rules!

QUICKSTART.jpg

The CAV: SO Quick-Start Rules feature optimized rules to help you learn the basic concepts involved while playing your first game. Centered around the Dictator CAV, players will each play one of the feared Rach Empire machines as they pilot it into combat! Model cut-outs and data cards are included for play.

High-Res Version (19 MB) (for printing): CAV: SO Quick-Start Rules PDF

Low-Res Version (15 MB) (for viewing): CAV: SO Quick-Start Rules PDF

We also have the Marker/Counter Cards now available:

MARKERS1.jpgMARKERS2.jpg

CAV: SO Markers/Counters PDF

and

Mission/Scenario Cards. Designed for players to have a quick way to pick random scenarios to play as well as blank ones for your own designs!

MISSIONCARDS1.jpg

CAV: SO Mission/Scenario Cards PDF

Enjoy!

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take that back, both of the rules files were broken and wouldn't open. I eventually got the low res file by opening the pdf viewer in another tab and waiting for it to finish before downloading.

EDIT: Just checked my Adobe Reader, it's version 11.0.10 and it tells me there are no updates available.

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 1

Pegazus and Last Knight, did you actually open the hirez, because my download folder shows it at 43.3 MB and completed. But when I try to open it, it's at around 3 MB and tells me the file is corrupt.

Normally when a download fails it tells me that in the download folder and gives me a button to re download, but with this file (and the first couple of tries with the lowrez) it didn't.

CAVBoss, have you considered putting these up on DriveThruRPG?

Pegazus and Last Knight, did you actually open the hirez, because my download folder shows it at 43.3 MB and completed. But when I try to open it, it's at around 3 MB and tells me the file is corrupt.

Normally when a download fails it tells me that in the download folder and gives me a button to re download, but with this file (and the first couple of tries with the lowrez) it didn't.

Yup. Looked thru it briefly to the last page. All there.

• Like 1

• Reaper User

Im going to break the HiRes up so you can take in smaller bites later today.

The book is at the printer but I haven't got a delivery date yet. I hate to speculate but I pretty confident we should have it back before ReaperCon this year.

Model stats for all of the models in the KS will be available by next Friday.

Pledge Manager: I haven't been told yet as to the ETA.

• Like 4

As I said, I downloaded the lo-res. It works fine.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response, CAVBOSS. Great job on the Quick Start rules, BTW. They look great. Very well laid out. 

I love everything I've seen so far and can't wait to get my hands on the finished book and more models. I've been planning on dropping some more on Rach, but since I have a birthday approaching I'm thinking my present to myself will be to also get enough Terran for a decent army.