Blood Rage

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I may need to ask for a loan.

Who wants to help me set up a Kickstarter to pay for Kickstarters?

Is this the same one where MissMelons is playing with puppies?

• Like 2

I'm in for the game and the 5th player add-on. Well, I should say we are in, as most of my regular gaming group said that they'd pay equal shares after I showed them the miniatures. ::D:

I'm hoping the game will be fun, but I would have pledged just for the minis either way. The "regular" minis are cool (can you say Ulfen characters in Pathfinder?), but it was the monsters (especially the giants and the trolls) that really sold me (and my group) on it. The shamans are, mostly, very evocative too. Great for e.g. villains in RPG games or even druid PCs.

EDIT:

Before I read back through the last 37 pages, I thought I'd just ask instead.

I sounds like the miniatures will be a type of PVC, like more regular playing pieces or even Bones. Has CoolMini used this in some of their previous games and does anyone have any experience with them if so? Are the minis from those games as detailed as these?

Edited by GentleGiant
  • Like 1

I sounds like the miniatures will be a type of PVC, like more regular playing pieces or even Bones. Has CoolMini used this in some of their previous games and does anyone have any experience with them if so? Are the minis from those games as detailed as these?

That's my main concern. McVey's Mantic-type restic from Sedition Wars wasn't great. GG's Zombicide plastic isn't great (lots of defects).

I will not believe this plastic is good until it's in hand, and I hate gambling. To date, the only good plastic I've seen is from Kingdom Death, and that's running ~$12/mini.

Yeah it's a harder pvc plastic. They say it paints up well, I'll make sure to scrub with water and soap then prime.

They've also shown fully finished plastic sculpts on their Facebook page. We've also linked in here a few times.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd