ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping is what it is...not a lot they can do about it

Exactly. 

People will whine and complain over anything and everything. I was thinking mine would be $15-$20 and was prepared for that, but seeing it less makes me happy. Even if it was $20-$25 I wouldn't complain.

I do feel bad for people in countries that end up with high shipping... My shipping was reasonable. To Maryland it was around $9.60 for 1 core set. If I wanted 2 core sets it would have been $12.10 ish... I did not get the extra core though as I still have shipping for 3 other recent kickstarters plus money for another CMON game coming next month...

Edited by Smokestack

for some folks it's $60 despite being told $25 to $30. I would also expect CMON to be able to estimate shipping costs very well - seeing their number of Kickstarters (and in every one they have problems with shipping costs).

It makes me wonder though HOW much those people ordered. Did they get 2-3 sets of things? Or just a basic core game w/o add-ons? That stuff will make a big difference and you know there are those out there who think they could order 10 sets of everything and still only pay $25-$30.

• Like 1

My shipping was $9.96 to Louisiana which is fine for the core game with no add-ons. I now have three CMoN kickstarters that are in development. I won't be looking at another one of their projects until I see fulfillment. Time to wait for the goods and finish painting what I already have. 

• Like 3

$31.50 to Sweden, the same with or without the 5th player expansion, and it actually only went up $3 if I added in an extra copy of the core game, and another $5 with two extra core boxes, so it's kind of roughly a flat rate. It is what is, but I have to admit it stings a bit more than I was hoping for. I really feel for people in the countries with $60+ though (Iceland and Greece), and hope they at least are given the option of a refund.

• Like 3

$31.50 to Sweden, the same with or without the 5th player expansion, and it actually only went up $3 if I added in an extra copy of the core game, and another $5 with two extra core boxes, so it's kind of roughly a flat rate. It is what is, but I have to admit it stings a bit more than I was hoping for. I really feel for people in the countries with $60+ though (Iceland and Greece), and hope they at least are given the option of a refund.

Ouch, $30+ is pretty painful, you have my sympathy. It's not so far above their estimates that I'd be too upset though. If I were dinged with a $60+ bill I'd definitely consider a refund.

According to the main page of the ks, they allow full refunds for up to 60 days after the project ends, which in this case would be ~May 16th. After 60 days they will still offer a refund, though then it will be minus the ks fees. They only stop offering refunds when they start processing shipping, 4-6 weeks before delivery, which should be somewhere around July if they ship on time.

Of course I don't know how well they honor the refund requests, this is my first cmon project, but I think if they didn't follow their own posted policies we would have heard about it by now.

• Like 1

Yeah, $20-$25 I would have said nothing about, but $30+ is just kind of pushing the limit to where I might not have backed the project had I known. I'm definitely not bothering with a refund though. However, I can understand that people are upset, and what I do feel is a little bit annoying is that the ongoing B-Sieged Kickstarter also uses the $15-$25 estimate for EU shipping. While there are several countries that for Blood Rage fell within this estimate (Germany, UK, Belgium, Netherlands), there also seems to be quite a few that end up above that. Just looking through the comments section, I can see:

Italy, Hungary $27

Sweden, Spain, Portugal $31.50

Finland $35

Romania $57

Greece, Iceland $63

Hey, my first CMON Kickstarter and already I have fallen in with the whiners! ::D:

• Like 2

I agree that now CMON have up to date costs they should update the estimates in B-sieged and any future project using the same shipper

(and actually they should have known for this one as they had a whole load of much higher than estimated costs for arcadia quest shipping, but put that down to 'errors' initially, but I think the numbers ended up pretty similar)

• Like 1

But the other part of the problem is that shipping costs keep going up. So what was $25 last year is likely much higher this year.

That is true. I have been slammed kind of hard with shipping lately; the Chained Coffin, a $30 boxed set by Goodman Games, cost me $27 to ship when it fulfilled a couple of months ago. I don't know what the Perils of the Purple Planet which I received from the same company last week will cost (they charge shipping after the fact), but I had to say no to one of the free stretch goals (the poster) as it would have cost mean an additional $20-$40 (potentially even more). Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms is another RPG KS I was interested in, but the shipping cost is $55 (for a $55 book). Makes me a bit wary about future projects where the shipping costs are unknown.

• Like 1

Well .. I can imagine people are unpleasantly surprised if their shipping adds op to $60 while $15-25 was estimated (just the core box).

For me it was just $19.95 for 2 boxes plus expansion so not complaining ....

At least CMON has posted the shipping costs now up front at their current KS.

Curious though that they didn' t choose a cheaper shipping option.

From what I've read on the KS forum there's a lot of reliable companies that offer shipping at far lower rates than FedEx.

Edited by Findariel