D&D After Hours - ReaperCon 2015

ub3r_n3rd

IMHO if this draws too big of a crowd I suggest breaking folks up into groups of 4+DM:

1. Establish who is running the games.
  2. Everybody generates characters.
  3. DM's draw names out of a hat to find out who's in their group.
  4. Sort out no-show's at the convention.
  5. Have a stupidly good time.

Yeah, that's the plan. I didn't think about the name in hat thing, maybe we can borrow Bryan's? 

• Like 3

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fond of generating characters THEN finding out who's in your group.  Keeps things nice and interesting.   :devil:

One reason why I like the reach into the bag for your character concept for my We Be Goblin games. Let the chaos begin!

Hopefully I'll pick up the 5e Player's guide next month from my card shop guy. He has it in stock as there has been interest in the new game by some people in town (I must seek them out!).

• Like 2

I am definitely interested. I have not played 5e, but have heard nothing but good things.

Aside: If my playgroup switched to 5e, how obsolete is my pretty-much-complete set of 3.5 books (yes, all but one or two of the non-setting-specific 3.5 books published by WotC are on my shelves now)?

Setting material is always helpful, no matter the system.

Aside from that, and the use of polyhedral dice, the two systems are largely unrelated. 

I am definitely interested. I have not played 5e, but have heard nothing but good things.

Aside: If my playgroup switched to 5e, how obsolete is my pretty-much-complete set of 3.5 books (yes, all but one or two of the non-setting-specific 3.5 books published by WotC are on my shelves now)?

Setting material is always helpful, no matter the system.

Aside from that, and the use of polyhedral dice, the two systems are largely unrelated. 

About 200 years have passed since 3.5, if I'm correct and 4th pretty much threw away any setting information from 3rd to opt for their "magic went bonkers" timeline change.  This makes even the settings "almost" useless from their official standpoint.  From a homebrew standpoint it is only as helpful as you want it to be. 

The system is an amalgamation of several systems (they picked and chose a lot of cool stuff from the other editions) so they are both very similar and very different at the same time.  But if you wanted to switch from 3.5 to 5e you honestly don't even need to buy a book.  You can just go straight from the basic rules set and make whatever you want.  The books only add more and more to the system.

• Like 2

Looks like interest is there.  I would love to play, however, I would be a beginner with these rules (haven't played 5E yet, trying to get through a RotRL campaign before the next pretty rule system distracts everyone) sooo..

Interest: YES

Player: yes, and I will take and play random pregens (even a bard. ::D:)

DM: Not until I have at least played a few games and seen the rules....

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just curious since I can't find the post in regards to this one. Is there a plan to still run some D&D5e games late night? I picked up the Player's Handbook a couple week ago & was curious do we make characters there or can we bring one?

RM

• Like 1