D&D After Hours - ReaperCon 2015

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a lot of fun, though I'm still very new to RPGing in general and I don't want to spoil people's fun by being the n00b. I have been playing 5th ed D&D though which would make things easier.

No way  Man.. You are in . Playing with a newb is fun as they are less jaded they an old grognard like my self

I plan on bringing my 5th level cleric being playing in a homebrew recently. I'm designer a line of minis for him that has different colors/designs based on the spell he is concentrating on. I'm using the Dain Deepaxe mini as the base...

AJ

• Like 4

Sounds like a lot of fun, though I'm still very new to RPGing in general and I don't want to spoil people's fun by being the n00b. I have been playing 5th ed D&D though which would make things easier.

There are a few that have never played 5e before so you are actually a step ahead of some of them too.

• Like 3

I liked a couple of things from 4E - 1) it was DM friendly for set-up and 2) minions. It just felt to video-gamey to me with the powers stuff and didn't feel like actual D&D.

I like minions so much I still use them in my current 5E game, it's so simple to give things 1 hp and static damage. Then load them up against players, give them a sense of dread and crazy odds against them. Then the wizard tosses out a fireball and destroys half of them or the barbarian cleaves through a bunch with a single stroke. Makes them feel like heroes and keeps combat speedy.

• Like 3

Gotta admit while I like pathfinder, it is suffering from rules bloat anymore. I've liked what I've read so far from 5e.

If I would have gotten the rules sooner I would have converted my mouseling game over to it. Thou I do like S&W's rule set, along with my custom rules. I guess simpler is better + hey reminds me of my glory days of rpging. ::D:

• Like 1

I liked a couple of things from 4E - 1) it was DM friendly for set-up and 2) minions. It just felt to video-gamey to me with the powers stuff and didn't feel like actual D&D.

I like minions so much I still use them in my current 5E game, it's so simple to give things 1 hp and static damage. Then load them up against players, give them a sense of dread and crazy odds against them. Then the wizard tosses out a fireball and destroys half of them or the barbarian cleaves through a bunch with a single stroke. Makes them feel like heroes and keeps combat speedy.

lol those 1 hp minions are now actually 6-7 hp minions (anything under CR 1 is basically a minion) though, still have static damage, and tend to have pact tactics.  I've learned that they are muuuuuuch better than the 4th edition minions.  Oh and if you have skeletons and undead that can rattle it's hilarious.

• Like 1

lol those 1 hp minions are now actually 6-7 hp minions (anything under CR 1 is basically a minion) though, still have static damage, and tend to have pact tactics.  I've learned that they are muuuuuuch better than the 4th edition minions.  Oh and if you have skeletons and undead that can rattle it's hilarious.

Hah!