D&D After Hours - ReaperCon 2015

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Is there a current tally of how many players vs. how many DMs are available? I've been a player of all versions + Pathfinder, currently loving 5E, and trying to get more playing time for experience.

I haven't taken a current tally yet, but that's a good idea. I'll put together a quick spreadsheet with who are willing to DM and who are playing only. Will update this post shortly with the #'s.

ReaperCon D&D After Hours            

Player Name       Character(s)   Likelihood of Playing    DM'ing

1 Chaoswolf                                     yes                                 no

2 MissMelons      Wizard                 yes                                  no

3 SGHawkins09                              yes                                  no

4 Haldir                                           yes                                  no

5 pcktlnt                                          yes                                  maybe

6 Sanael                                         yes                                  no

7 Kanagroorex                                yes                                  maybe after playing

8 amuller33                                     yes                                  yes

9 Kharsin                                         yes                                  no

10 TophDNA                                   yes                                  no

11 Dai-Mongar                                yes                                  no

12 Xauhaudoom Ranger/Rogue     yes                                  no

13 millionsofRobots                        yes                                  no

14 ub3r_n3rd                                  yes                                  yes

15 Mr. Melons                                 yes                                  yes

16 NomadZeke                               maybe                             no

17 OneBoot                                    maybe                             no

18 klarg1                                         maybe                             no

19 Skippen                                       ?                                     ?

20 LastKnight                                   ?                                     ?

DM      

1 Paul (ub3r)      

2 VF (Mr. M)      

3 AJ (amuller33)      

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4

Just a quick spreadsheet as I said, but it gets the point across. I have LK & Skippen in there, but neither said in this thread whether or not they are interested in play, but they were talking in the thread so I wanted to give them an opportunity to say yes or no.

Looks like we may need another DM or 2 to step up as we get a few more people asking to join in.

I also didn't put Loim on here, but he was taking about "LL" which I'm not sure what that is and whether he's wanting to run a game or play in a LL game or play 5E. 

• Like 2

Also, as a suggestion as groups are formed nearer to Reaper Con. If we get more DMs, then could we keep Forum group maximum to like 5 per DM just in case we have attendees that don't frequent the forums that walk up and wish to play? That way each group has the potential to play with 6. 

• Like 1

Also, as a suggestion as groups are formed nearer to Reaper Con. If we get more DMs, then could we keep Forum group maximum to like 5 per DM just in case we have attendees that don't frequent the forums that walk up and wish to play? That way each group has the potential to play with 6. 

Good idea. This is also why I'm making some pre-gens. I'd personally prefer to know how many are going to be in each group so I can plan my adventure out ahead of time, but I also know that things happen and people may not show up or we may get an influx of "walk-ups" wanting to play and I wouldn't want to say no unless we have all groups already completely full.

• Like 2

Honestly, I probably won't want to commit to an adventure. One or two sessions might be fun, but the days are already going to be pretty packed with activities and I don't want to be completely ignoring wifey the whole time (I mean, we are going to be on our honeymoon after all). I'd bring her along to a game, but she has no interest in playing so she'd probably be kind of bored.

I might be one of those walk-ups.

• Like 2

Honestly, I probably won't want to commit to an adventure. One or two sessions might be fun, but the days are already going to be pretty packed with activities and I don't want to be completely ignoring wifey the whole time (I mean, we are going to be on our honeymoon after all). I'd bring her along to a game, but she has no interest in playing so she'd probably be kind of bored.

I might be one of those walk-ups.

Okay, I'll put you into the 'maybe' pile.

• Like 2

If I had any experience with 5e I'd offer my services as a DM, thou if anyone would like I could run the starter adventure as a DM.

Heck I'm just looking for any 5e experience right now. The card shop guy aka WOTC retailer has said people have been ordering the 5e books in town.

• Like 3

DMing 5e is like DMing anything else. It's just D&D

I hope so.. I have been playing 5E since last summer, but no DMing of it yet. My experience as Dm goes back to 1st thru 3rd editions. If Ok Id like to play one or two sessions, maybe run one or two?? Still debating on running a canned adventure or my own homebrew. Here is the teaser for my own adventure.... " In a far away world, an acient evil threatened to consume the entire world of Niceni in darkness and pain. A bold group of adventures from across the world set out to stop the threat.....but the failed. Now its up your group of misfits, has beens and never wases... not to save the world... just to get out of town with your necks in tack"

AJ

• Like 2

I haven't taken a current tally yet, but that's a good idea. I'll put together a quick spreadsheet with who are willing to DM and who are playing only. Will update this post shortly with the #'s.

20 LastKnight                                   ?                                     ?

I thought J wasn't gonna be able to go to rcon...?

• Like 1

DMing 5e is like DMing anything else. It's just D&D

I hope so.. I have been playing 5E since last summer, but no DMing of it yet. My experience as Dm goes back to 1st thru 3rd editions. If Ok Id like to play one or two sessions, maybe run one or two?? Still debating on running a canned adventure or my own homebrew. Here is the teaser for my own adventure.... " In a far away world, an acient evil threatened to consume the entire world of Niceni in darkness and pain. A bold group of adventures from across the world set out to stop the threat.....but the failed. Now its up your group of misfits, has beens and never wases... not to save the world... just to get out of town with your necks in tack"

AJ

I've been DM'ing 5E for about 4-5 months, it's really no different than any other edition to DM for. The biggest thing for me coming from doing Pathfinder is remembering that there are LESS rules. Things like AOO's are different (less chance to do them), Conditions are "disadvantages" or "advantages," magical items are less prevalent throughout (arms race has been reduced by a lot) <--- this is something the rest of the group has had a lot of trouble with as they want magical items, but really not needed as much anymore...

For mine, I'm planning on doing a homebrew since it's only up to 3 nights we'll be playing. Not sure whether I'll do 3x 1-shots or a 3-part adventure yet.

I thought J wasn't gonna be able to go to rcon...?

Yeah, not sure who is going for sure which is why I stated:

Just a quick spreadsheet as I said, but it gets the point across. I have LK & Skippen in there, but neither said in this thread whether or not they are interested in play, but they were talking in the thread so I wanted to give them an opportunity to say yes or no.

Looks like we may need another DM or 2 to step up as we get a few more people asking to join in.

I also didn't put Loim on here, but he was taking about "LL" which I'm not sure what that is and whether he's wanting to run a game or play in a LL game or play 5E. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2