D&D After Hours - ReaperCon 2015

ub3r_n3rd

I find as a beginner and having DMd once, it was incredibly easy. I think for people that have had previous experiences with DnD will find it easy to get back into with 5e.

Exactly, anyone who has DM'd before will really enjoy the rule-lightness of it. Everything else is just D&D and remember there's always Rule 0 to fall back on.  :devil:

• Like 2

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't taken a current tally yet, but that's a good idea. I'll put together a quick spreadsheet with who are willing to DM and who are playing only. Will update this post shortly with the #'s.

ReaperCon D&D After Hours            

Player Name       Character(s)   Likelihood of Playing    DM'ing

20 LastKnight                                   ?                                     ?

I thought J wasn't gonna be able to go to rcon...?

I thought he said wasn't gonna make it, too.

I find as a beginner and having DMd once, it was incredibly easy. I think for people that have had previous experiences with DnD will find it easy to get back into with 5e.

That's good to hear!

Hey, Ub3r N3rd--completely your call of course, but I'd suggest smaller one shots. There's probably going to be all sorts of neato things going on, even late. And you know how gamers/miniatures enthusiasts are....'OH, Shiny!'

I also didn't put Loim on here, but he was taking about "LL" which I'm not sure what that is and whether he's wanting to run a game or play in a LL game or play 5E.

SInce nobody else has answered this "LL" is highly likely to be "Labyrinth Lord", a B/X retroclone, for the old school approach...

If I were coming, I'd volunteer to run some original D&D (doesn't get any more old school than that), but I'm not, so it's academic. :)

• Like 1

That's good to hear!

ving DMd once, it was incredibly easy. I think for people that have had previous experiences with DnD will find it easy to get back into with 5e.

Hey, Ub3r N3rd--completely your call of course, but I'd suggest smaller one shots. There's probably going to be all sorts of neato things going on, even late. And you know how gamers/miniatures enthusiasts are....'OH, Shiny!'

Either the smaller 1-shots or something easy to join in on that's part of a 3-part story. I could have a little synopsis for each night Friday/Saturday as hand-outs (well e-mails) that everyone knows what is going on or what went on, but each one is its own adventure. Like stand alone books that continue on with a story to tell in each one.

I also didn't put Loim on here, but he was taking about "LL" which I'm not sure what that is and whether he's wanting to run a game or play in a LL game or play 5E.

SInce nobody else has answered this "LL" is highly likely to be "Labyrinth Lord", a B/X retroclone, for the old school approach...

If I were coming, I'd volunteer to run some original D&D (doesn't get any more old school than that), but I'm not, so it's academic. :)

Ahh, okay. I've never played it, so hadn't heard about it before. 

I already know on late night fiasco night, the Mr and I will be doing that.

All cool, I know a few people will be doing that. I've never played Fiasco so I'll stick with running some D&D and having fun that way.  :B):

• Like 1

I haven't taken a current tally yet, but that's a good idea. I'll put together a quick spreadsheet with who are willing to DM and who are playing only. Will update this post shortly with the #'s.

ReaperCon D&D After Hours            

Player Name       Character(s)   Likelihood of Playing    DM'ing

20 LastKnight                                   ?                                     ?

I thought J wasn't gonna be able to go to rcon...?

I thought he said wasn't gonna make it, too.

That's good to hear!

Yeah How long should should we plan on 2-3 hrs??

AJ